2006 Dodge Dakota Consumer Review: Overall great vehicle

2006 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Review

SLT Quad Cab (3.7L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual 5.4 ft. Bed)

Overall great vehicle
By John on

2006 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Have had my Dakota since new. The V8 is good but could have more power. 3xs back to the dealer for turn signle problems. Could use better suspension. Tires are terrible. Dodge, put a truck tire on a truck please. Surprisingly not as a cheaply built as I would think from a domestic vehicle. I prefer buying Deomestic but quality is going to drive that decision for people, including myself in the future. I love my Dakota. Thinking about adding some aftermarket improvement as I have no plans on getting rid of it. First vehicle I have had in a long time, domestic made, that I am really really happy with.

Exterior looks. Solid feel with comfortable drive. A lot of room in the quad cab.

Get some real truck tires, stock equipment that came with mine are terrible. Stronger suspension. Better position of 4wd controls, improve quality of interior (the competition offers a lot more at less cost, especially an import). Focus on the quality and what people want.