Good old all American work truck.
By Steven on
2006 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
At 50k I replaced: tires the brake pads Iíve installed K&N air filter and Bosch Platinum 4 spark plugs. About a month ago the cam shaft and the crank shaft sensors vent bad 400$, #2ingnition coil replacement was 35$. Belt replacement coming too. Paint is very sensitive. Body dents very easy. Factory speakers sounds like you have a bucket on them later upgraded with Infinity speakers now the whole door panel rattles.I have broken the parking brake release 18$ and once I have slammed the glove compartment door and the opening mechanism broke inside 50$. Idles a little rough. And the tranny are slow.I may going to have some problems with my differential. Highway I do 20mpg city about 15-16mpg.
Favorite Features
Truly impressive towing. Pretty spacious inside also the rear door opens wide. Easy access of the engine compartment as you will going to spend lots of time on it. I don't care much for mpg if you want more by a Prius. It's not that bed of a truck but it's got some issues.
Suggested Improvements
My conclusion is the engine could produce more power but the tranny are too slow. If somehow the shift timing could be reprogrammed the mpg would be better and it would produce a quicker vehicle. The single most annoying element is the all around plastic inside. The bed could be bigger a few inches.