2006 Dodge Dakota 3.7L V6 6-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Not The Greatest

2006 Dodge Dakota Club Cab - Consumer Review

Not The Greatest
By zclary923 on

2006 Dodge Dakota ST 4dr Club Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought this truck a little over a year ago and it has been pretty reliable for me. It seems to be put together pretty solid. The 3.7 L is very quiet, smooth, and feels refined. I have noticed that the truck seems to pull to the right some on the highway despite having a recent alignment, rotation, and balance done. Also the brakes are already squeaking some when coming to a stop which may or may not be because of the grime and buildup from driving it through Iowa winter. All around though it has been a good truck but if you are looking for something as your daily commuter buy a higher trim level with more options and get 4 wheel drive it makes your vehicle worth that much more.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, power rack and pinion steering, 3.7l refinement and quietness.

Suggested Improvements

Horsepower and torque, the 3.7l is quiet and smooth but it is a dog and lacks and one bit of git up and go. More standard options, I wish I would have just bought a v8 4x4 instead. Cruise control, and power options should be standard not optional.