2006 Dodge Dakota 3.7L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual 5.4 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Confused

2006 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - Consumer Review

2006 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Confused
By fronteeer on

2006 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I took over the lease on a crew cab Dakota 4x4 to help out a friend, and I hate it so much that it sits in the driveway. My other truck is an '05 Frontier SE crew cab, and there is no comparison between the Nissan and the Dodge. If the Dakota was $10,000 less expensive (instead of just cheaper) I'd give it some cred for offering a decent work truck to someone with a more modest income. If it sounded good and was fun to drive, I'd give it credit for power and handling, even lacking refinement as it does. But for the price, and knowing what Nissan and Toyota are offering, there's no way I'd buy this junk heap.Worst money I've ever spent on anything. Editor's Most Wanted?

Favorite Features

Engine and starter are incredibly quiet. Decent brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Engine is incredibly gutless. Suspension rocks front/rear and side/side, major oversteer and body roll, vague gas pedal, creaks and rattles, horrible interior styling and materials, no padding in arm rests, poorly located latch child restraints, guzzles gas, failed miniaturization of Ram styling.