Bought Used at 38K Miles
By UsedDakotaPickup on
2006 Dodge Dakota ST 4dr Club Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
All of you that complain about power on the 6cyl have Automatics? I have the 6 sp manual, and it has great power. Uphill, on the freeway, 65 mph in 5th gear, and still accelerating uphill. 6th gear is great for cruising on flat land, as an OD should be. Plenty of power in the V6 3.7 L here! Great Acceleration from a stop, and when you need it to really romp, taking it up to 3000RMP before shifting seems to do the trick for 1st through 3rd. I get on the freeway every morning and am holding it back by the end of the ramp, where I was still flooring my old rig! Just went through my first tank of gas. 50% town, 50% Freeway - 18 MPG. Great for a pickup, and better than most small trucks for average!
Favorite Features
Great looking truck! Decent MPG for a truck, Interior Room, nice Instrument Cluster, Aux Jack on stereo, short-throw shift (kinda sport-car like) big tires (stock) compared to small trucks, good bed size on club cab.
Suggested Improvements
Power Windows and Door locks should be BASE items! If KIA can do it, so should Dodge! Console Envy! That center seat, without storage in the base model, is big enough for a small child (who in most states would still be in a car seat!) Get rid of it and put a console in the base model!