2006 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
V6
By Tony on 10/13/06 13:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Club Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love mine, but the V6 in 6 speed is under powered, especially when towing a small trailer 4 x 6 with a mid size ATV. Also the rear suspension could use a beefier upgrade. And lose those small driver's and passenger mirros. Put the folding ones on. I did, now no big blind spots.

Sad power
By Tkrutz on 09/18/06 20:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Club Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Not very happy with the power in reverse when in 4x4. I can not get the rpm over 2000 and the engine will bog down. The service center completed a software upgrade to help this, however the 3.7 v6 just is a weak engine. I have tried other trucks at the dealer that match mine, and all have poor power to point of not being able to pull itself backwards out of a small incline

My first new truck
By Randy on 08/30/06 18:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Just drove 1250 miles nonstop, not a problem with driving comfort or performance. This is a great little truck. She could be a bit stronger in acceleration with the V6 engine.

New truck
By al on 08/29/06 21:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Dakota ST 4dr Club Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It is a very comfortable ride. Fun to drive. I use it everyday to and from work and errands. The side doors are very handy for the little ones to get in and out of the truck.

Good, quality truck
By TD on 08/21/06 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Although I've only had my truck about 2 weeks, I am very pleased with it. Very comfortable and handles great. Extremely quiet for a V6. Good to have a CD player/AUX plug for MP3 and iPODS standard. Good gas mileage for a midsize (this is not a compact) pickup. Couldn't be happier riding around in the Texas heat!

Pleased so far
By davey on 08/20/06 22:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

A nice truck, however the fuel mileage is not as rated. So far it is 14+ in the city. I will give it some time to loosen up. Great truck. I am glad I own it.

Great Truck
By Ronnie Edwards on 07/26/06 22:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Dakota. I purchased a Colorado in '05 and soon after saw the new Dakota and wanted one. I finally made that choice about a month ago and I am glad I did so. Of course the gas mileage isn't as great but the difference isn't that drastic. Other things such as ride comfort, looks and standard features make up for it.

Great Full Size Alternative
By L.T. on 04/24/06 10:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Dakota ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this truck to downsize from an '03 1500 4x4 and have really not looked back. The gas mileage is so much better and that saves a lot of money. The only real difference is the bed space, but I rarely used all 8 ft. of my old bed anyway. The Dakota is very nimble, easy to park, and extremely quiet on the highway. I would recommend this truck to anyone that occasionaly needs a truck for hauling, but still needs comfort, economy, agility for everyday use. Probably not the best choice for the hardcore rancher with 12,000lbs. to pull, but a great choice for the active weekender. I am very happy with my purchase!

New truck
By frank g erwin jr on 04/12/06 07:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2006 Dodge Dakota in Feb and have two thousand miles on it. I have noticed the manual shift shakes a lot if in high gear and hitting a bump. I have also noticed a lot of valve clatter if in low gears and under stress (going up a hill).a Also it's getting terrible gas mileage. I would not buy another Dodge product at this time---buyer beware.

My Baby
By SARAH on 04/05/06 11:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Dakota Laramie 4dr Club Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this truck. It's like I've always wanted. It's good for a first car and isn't too outrageously large. You sit high enough off the ground without feeling as if you're driving a bus.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.