Used 2006 Dodge Dakota ST Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Good truck for the money...4.7liter v-8
By just another driver

2006 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this vehicle used with 17,000 miles on it when I purchased it. At 19,000 the fuel pump went out, but the truck was covered under warranty, and they fixed it right away. For all around performance and features I can say it exceeded my expectations. The only gripe I have is the city driving w/ the 4.7 liter fuel mileage isn't all that great, but highway mileage is awesome! I'm fortunate to get 14 mpg city. Power is awesome and there's no lack at all in that category. I have over 30,000 miles on it now, and it has done well for me. I did experience a small problem w/ the door open sensor but they fixed it right away, I can only say good things about the dealership I purchased it from.

Performance , Looks, Highway fuel mileage, driver comfort. It's all there, Cab room is very good

City fuel mileage is my only major gripe.

Don't buy a Dodge!
By Kenneth

2006 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I originally bought this truck due to it being the best truck for the money compared to the others. Now, I have constant problems with it. The power steering pump constantly screams as if it is low on fluid even though it is full. I have had difficulty getting the truck to start on 4 occasions, but the dealer can't duplicate the problem to diagnose it. The door is now sagging due to it not being tightened down all the way at the factory, and the body lean even at low speeds is excessive. I have taken the truck in to 3 different dealers for repair, and have had similar negative results with all. This truck is affordable initially, but is more expensive in the long run.

Interior room, exterior design, and load capacity.

Use a quality power steering pump in future trucks. Stiffer shocks will improve the ride, and standard ABS will show Dodge cares about its customers safety.