Used 2006 Dodge Dakota Laramie Club Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Dakota Club Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Go V-8 for the power
By Brian

2006 Dodge Dakota Club Cab Laramie 4dr Club Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Pretty good truck overall. Average 19- 20 mpg with no load and city/hwy mix. With load drops to 17-18 mpg. Has a good ride but wind noise has picked up over time. Ignition module went out at 40000 just over warranty ($400). I really enjoy the truck overall. I was at the dealer and talked about trade for kicks. The V-8 is undesirable over the V-6 even though you only gain 1-2 mpg with the V-6. The V-8 has the power to haul and get you on the road as the V-6 was a dog to me.

Sirius Radio. U-connect. Laramie features give the best bang for the buck in my opinion.

Dodge has been hooked on the Dakota!
By Tim

2006 Dodge Dakota Club Cab Laramie 4dr Club Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned nothing but Dodge Dakotas and driven nothing but Dodge Dakotas. Before my new Dodge Dakota 2005 was purchased, my first truck I bought in 1996 and it really made me feel good about driving. And I continued that same feeling buying the 2005 model and am loving even more! So if you are looking for a truck out there that is relatively inexpensive, has a great look to it, and comes with a variety of options, then the Dodge Dakota is exactly what you are looking for! :-)

The fact that it comes with so many options and comes in a variety of different colors-interior or exterior.

I might improve the bedsize in later models, but as for right now it certainly is at the top of the Dodge lineup as one of the best vehicles they have created.