We love it!
By Ted Brown on
2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
Have owned 3 Dodge diesel pickups and was initially aprehensive about downsizing. I should not have been! This truck is as smooth and quiet on the Forest Service gravel as it was when driving it home. We spent its first weekend driving around the Ouachita Mountains in spite of the $3.00 per gal gas prices. Its that much fun! We will be towing our 17' travel trailer so we purchased the 4.7 L V-8 with 5 speed automatic and 3.55 rear axle. Although I want to put a few more miles on the truck before towing, there is no question that it will do a great job. Can recommend without hesitation. I am a recently retired mechanical and structural engineer and am pretty "picky". We love it!
Favorite Features
Well conceived design and well executed product. Excellent fit and finish. A rare blend of practicality and fun. The instrument cluster is ergonomically correct to be easily read at any seat height and position. Shift on the fly 4WD is most convenient. Rear seat leg room is great and seats fold.
Suggested Improvements
I don't like the shiny appearance of the fake wood grain surrounding the center portion of the dash. Also wish that the steering wheel tilted upward at least "one more click".