2005 Dodge Dakota Consumer Review: So far so good

2005 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Review

So far so good
By John S on

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just have 4000 miles on the truck, but I love the ride, fuel cost, and drivability. It fits in the garage and most parking spaces, turns good, but is a little light on brakes and soft on the ride. I did notice that with a load the tranny feels like it is slipping in reverse. It is quiet inside. I am 6 ‘2” and 250 lbs, and the seat and headroom is great. Great so far! Should have gotten the V8, but the few times I need the extra power I can live with the V6. My son liked mine so well that he bought one within a month. Not bad Dodge! What a great value for your money. My last SUV was a Landrover. I like this one better at less than half the price. Buy American, they are better.

The seats in back fold up easy. It's great for carrying stuff. My dogs like it back there on a rug. Down right quiet inside, I can hear the radio without the wind noise.

I would like to put a carrying rack on the roof, without drilling holes? I know I have a small bed, but the little boat just won’t fit in the short bed. The aftermarket boys need to keep up with the new body styles, this one is a winner.