2005 Dodge Dakota Consumer Review: Dodge needs to rethink

2005 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Review

SLT Quad Cab (3.7L V6 6-speed Manual 5.4 ft. Bed)

Dodge needs to rethink
By Tom on

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

When I purchased this truck I had visions of the continued performance and reliability I had experienced with my 2000 model Dakota Quad. Boy was I in for a suprise! The speedometer sticks, the steering & brake pedal squeak, the LCD of the radio is so dim it is almost impossible to read with sunglasses on during the day. The drink holder is located so far under the dash that anything larger than a 12oz. can will not fit. The 6 cyl. engine has reasonable power, but the transmission needs to be a 5 speed. The truck looks great, but the designers need to rework the interior, and the workmanship has fallen on hard times compared to the 2000 model I traded in. I am very disappointed.

Exterior design

Move the drink holder toward the seat to allow for easier access, make the automatic transmission a 5 speed, IMPROVE THE WORKMANSHIP, use a darker gray interior so spills don't show as easily.