Dakota Laramie - Almost Purrrrfect!
By Bob531 on
2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Club Cab Laramie 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
I was looking for a vehicle which would replace my Ford Ranger and my Monte Carlo - Enter my Dakaota Quad Cab! It's everything I need. It has the comfort and about twice the interior room of my car and about the same payload as my Ranger. I was a little unsure of getting the V-8 because of the gas mileage, but hearing those 8 cylinders purr as I'm cruising down the highway almost makes me think I'm back in the power days of the 60's!! And the gas mileage is within a gallon or so of the V6's!!
Favorite Features
Driving this truck is a dream! Solid performance with an almost car-like ride. No air noises and I can barely hear the soft rumble of those 8 cylinders! There's not a better lookin' truck on the market either!
Suggested Improvements
The seats are comfortable but Dodge needs to improve the look and feal of the heavy grain "leather"! The hard plastic finish on the doors and the dash could also stand to be a little "softer". A flat rear floor (when the rear seats are in the up position) may have been more practical and useful