A True Mid-Size in a class by itself
By Glen J on
2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
I am very happy with my Dakota! After owning a Ram for many years I was hesitant to downsize, but my wife didn't like driving fullsized trucks. The Dakota is a perfect compromise between the smaller competitors and full-size trucks; it has more room for the family, but is still easy to drive. It truly is in a class by itself and is often compared to the cramped feeling compact trucks that are not true Mid-size trucks. The Dakota can actually tow loads in the full-size range, it is heavy, solid, roomy, and has plenty of power (with the optional 4.7HO) to meet the needs of most. It has an aggressive look and nice interior. We have owned many Dodge vehicles and so far this is the best one yet.
Favorite Features
The 4.7HO is worth it and has plenty of go power. The 6disc Mp3 player is nice and holds tons of music. The Quad- cab is perfect for our family of four. There is plenty of room for the kids and the car/booster seats; plus the necessities. When the need arises the back is even comfortable for adults.
Suggested Improvements
While I am happy with mine a larger bed option for those that need it would be nice. A Hemi SRT8 would be awesome and the R/T should have more to offer in the performance area too. It is basically a cosmetic trim package and performance is the same as the H.O. option with some fancy trim.