2005 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Dodge Dakota SLT Quad Cab 4.7L
By CRay on 05/22/05 02:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've only had the 05 Dakota for month. Except for the headrest, I love the seats. I have the power driver's seat. Interior space is very good. However, the interior has too much of what appears to be low grade plastic including the door handles. The cup holders in the floor console is a joke and does not hold cups. Didn't find this out until after I purchased.

Satisfaction
By Mike Hoffman on 05/20/05 15:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Impressed with the ride and handling. Researched several other new trucks and this seemed to be the best quality for the buck. Almost got the Ram 1500 but didn't need the size. Have no regrets about buying this truck. Will keep for a long time.

A truck for all around use
By Lisco on 05/16/05 13:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Dakota Quad Cab I have owned. Have also owned F-150 and Tundra Double Cabs. Previous Dakota Quad Cab with V-8 5-speed auto with a tonneau cover averaged a tad over 20 mpg on trips, this one with only 2,000 miles, V-8 4x4 managed 19.4 mpg on a recent out of state trip. Handles well, steering is nice, and road noise is acceptable. City driving is much like driving a full size car, and parking in tight spaces is no longer the chore the larger trucks were. A 4x2 with limited slip is a bit quieter and smoother but the 4x4 does offer a more well rounded vehicle.

I love it
By jetbatt on 04/29/05 00:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I actually have the 4.7L V8. Front and rear comfort is exceptional for a mid-size truck. I have noticed that the mid-size trucks of today are the the full-size trucks of a decade ago. Cup holders galore! Nice beefy suspension with a smooth ride. Dodge has the best Red!

Chevy guy now a Dodge man
By PRO on 04/27/05 17:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Club Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the 2005 Dodge Dakota SLT 4 X 4 Club Cab with 4.7L V8 and 5 speed auto trans. Great looking and performing truck. Looked at chevy colorado,toyota tacoma,and honda ridgeline. The Honda was too expensive. Could not sit comfortably in the Toyota, the steering wheel wedged my legs against the seat even with it tilted all the way up. The Colorado didn't have a wide enough bed. The Dodge is the best truck out there. It's roomy, the V8 is powerful and the brakes work great. Fuel mileage is about typical for a V8. Once you drive one you will be hooked. It handles like a car.

Awsome Truck
By Steve Suhrbier on 04/26/05 02:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I opted for the 4.7 L. V-8. The power is tremendous. All the big truck qualities in a mid-size truck. Very comfortable ride. It will tow 7000 lbs. Gas mileage is the only downfall for the 4.7. Overall, the best vehicle I have ever purchased. Kudos to Glendale Dodge in California. No hassle, no haggle, no grinding. Just sold me the truck for the price I wanted.

2005 Dodge Dakota
By hba327 on 04/24/05 10:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Club Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is amazing. I have the 3.7 l V6 and it has great power and sound. The interior Is my favorite, very comfortable, quiet, smooth. The only thing I dont like about the truck is the front bumper sticks out 6-inches too much, but other than that I rate it altogether a 9/10. I wouldnt buy anything else but a Dodge

Upgrade
By Marcus on 04/12/05 10:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Overall a very good mid-size truck that provides all the power and hauling capacity most people need. A definite upgrade in ride, noise and comfort over the previous model. Looks take a while to get used to. Wish the 4x4 sat a little higher and looked different than the 4x2.

2005 4WD Club Cab SLT V8
By Phil S. on 04/10/05 01:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Club Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Interior is very plush and roomy even for big people. Lots of compartments for your stuff. Electric Bucket Seats are comfortable and has lumbar support. Sound system is good. Rear of club cab is only suitable for small persons or children. Better used for storage. Rear doors of Club Cab open which is great. Bed is 6.5 feet and holds lots of cargo. This truck is bigger than it appears, rides high in my opinion not much smaller than a F- 150. Ride is smooth and quiet for a truck and handles very well. Off road it rides like any other pick up. V8 is very powerful, good acceleraton with little effort. Gas mileage is only about 14 MPG. For safety it just got a five star rating front, side impact.

Chevy guy now a Dodge man
By pro5150 on 04/09/05 19:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Club Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased the Dakota Club Cab SLT 4x4 with V8 and 5 spd auto trans. I love this truck. Looked at Chevy Colorado,Toyota Tacoma, and Honda Ridgeline. Could not sit in Tacoma, steering wheel hit my legs and I'm only 6 foot. Honda was too expensive for me and the bed on the Colorado was not big enough for me. The Dakota accelerates great and stops on a dime. Gas mileage isn't too bad for a V8. People can't stop looking at it. It looks great especially in the color, I got Black. Dodge did it right this truck is the perfect size for someone who doesn't need a full size truck.