2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Great choice
By Ernie on 03/04/05 20:09 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Definately a great choice in Value and style. Got the club cab and mucho room. Great power and nice interior. Sexy exterior.

2000 mi assessment
By LEER on 02/08/05 18:49 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I suppose Dodge could have done a better job with the design of this vehicle --- but I really don't know how. This truck is so refined. The ride is great -- road and engine (4.7 V-8) noise is minimal -- handling is fantastic. I have been pleasantly surprised with the fuel economy. It will turn exactly as advertised on the sticker (15/20 mpg). I have made two 600 mi round trips and found that if I dropped my interstate speed to 62mph that the mileage increased by approx. 10 % to a little over 22 mpg. As you can surmise I really like this vehicle --- just can't understand why they aren't moving off the lots in my area.

2005 Dakota Rocks
By paints98 on 02/02/05 21:23 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is the third brand new Dodge Dakota I have owned in the last year. All three were bought brand new, the 2005 is by far the best of them all! It rides better, looks better and the new design is really awesome. I had some kinda of trouble with both of the 2004's, all minor in nature, but NONE with my 2005. The ride is really smooth, it handles great! I also like the head rests added to the back seats, for added safety. My first 2004 Dakota was totalled in a wreck when a lady crossed the center line & hit me, so I can really appreciate the added safety features.

It rocks
By mrwilliematt on 02/02/05 12:12 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought a 2005 Dodge Dakota Larimie Quad Cab 4WD, V8. I traded in a 2003 Dakota Quad Cab 2WD with the 3.9 V6. The 2005 rides, handles, and sounds way better than the 2003. I also gets better mileage. I am getting around 17 on the 2005 compared to 15 on the 2003. I know a lot of people do not care for the looks of this truck but as a driver it is light years ahead on the previous model Dakota.

Dak Rock
By AaronMiller on 12/18/04 14:36 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The new Dakota rides very well thanks to a new fronty suspension. I love that it has f&r sway bars, it makes a total difference when compared to the previous three generations!

Ram On!!!!
By jim on 12/12/04 22:11 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned 25 trucks in past 20 years...Dodge has done it...Best truck I've ever owned...Get one Today.

Great Truck So Far
By Chris on 12/04/04 17:47 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had this truck a short time, but I am impressed with the build quality, appears to be much improved over previous Chrysler products. The ride is very comfortable for a truck, and the handling is above average for a truck. Everyone likes the looks, mine is black and it seems to look better than the other colors. By the way, I have the V8 with the tow package, the pull down will only allow me for the V6.

PERFECT SIZE
By RDRGZ on 12/01/04 22:02 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

THIS TRUCK HAS REAL GUTS (V8)AND DRIVES VERY SMOOTH ON THE HIGHWAY. THE INTERIOR IS VERY CONFORTABLE, PLENTY OF ROOM AND QUIET. THE SUSPENSION SEEMS A LITTLE SOFT AT TIMES. THE MPG IS AS GOOD AS CAN BE EXPECTED FOR A V8. THE TWO WHEEL DRIVE NOW SITS AS HIGH AT THE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE. NO NEED TO SPEND THE EXTRA $$ ON 4X4 IF YOU ONLY USE IT A COUPLE TIMES A YEAR. SO FAR I LOVE IT AND I THINK IT IS A GREAT BUY FOR WHAT YOU GET.

Dodge
By Robert J. Darragh on 11/28/04 14:34 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

When you sit inside you feel like your in a full size truck. The ride is great,and it handles very good.This is a great truck.The 4 doors are great, the back seats are great.The price of the full size trucks just shocked me when I was looking to buy. This listed for 23949.00 and I bought it for 21214.00 I paid that 10 years ago for a F-150 4x4 XL with no A/C. THE PRICE IS RIGHT compare to other trucks this size. And for a 4x2 It looks like a 4x4

perfect
By hulk444 on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

perfect truck thanks dodge