2005 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews 4

2005 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Disappointed
By GDC on 05/14/07 14:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle new. This is my third Dakota. This model is a big disappointment. The fuel tank had problems venting. This required several trips to dealer to repair. They finally replaced the tank. Two tires blown at low speed. The speedometer sticks when cold. Battery died with barely 20 months This unit has been in the shop for weeks during its many repair activities. This product has turned me away from considering any new Daimler or Chrysler products in the future due to the pathetic quality and service.

Content in CT
By Neil in CT on 05/13/07 10:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this vehicle for almost 2 years and I am very happy with my choice. It has been reliable and it drives really well for a pickup truck. The only downfalls about this truck are gas mileage and the cheap looking plastic interior. Although the gas mileage is not very good, I realize that pickup trucks are not the most economical vehicles on the road anyway. I also like the interior room and the Quad cab is a big bonus. Overall, I would recommend this vehicle to anyone interested in a mid-size pickup.

I love this truck
By SixSpeedJunkie on 04/12/07 16:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is my first new vehicle, and it has turned out to be exactly what I wanted and needed. I have the six speed manual transmission which I love, sports package, and I got it in 2 wheel drive. The gas mileage is terrible, at 16mpg being the best I have gotten, but it's hard to stay off the gas when driving a truck that is this much fun.

Good car, bad truck
By Nic on 04/05/07 09:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is the least offroad capable four wheel drive truck I have ever used. The four wheel drive basically has a two wheel drive suspension that makes it sit so low to the ground that the ground clearance, approach angle and departure angle are most car-like than truck-like. If you never plan to leave the the road it is a capable vehicle that rides well, is comfortable, and tows well, but if you do avoid this truck like the plague.

Dodge Dakota Quad Cab
By Sean on 03/08/07 19:28 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab last year 1/2005. I have had both shocks replaced, it has been realigned 5 times, I have had it stall numerous times at a stop lights, problems with the transmission (torque converter, valve body and front pump just replaced 38000 miles) and the EGR valve. It has a horrible ride to it and it is getting worse. I am very dissappointed with this vehicle and will never ever by another Dodge or American made vehicle.

2005 Dodge Dakota 4x4 SLT Quad Cab
By JCH on 01/01/07 17:23 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

40000 miles. Original Goodyears gone, new Michelin LTA's should last longer. 8 oil changes and regular maintenance never let me down off road/on hwy/anywhere. Expecting 160,000 miles out of it before trading up. Would buy it again and would recommend it. Has good road manners. Gas mileage averages 18-19 miles-per-us- gallon. I do mostly highway driving.

Awesome Truck and Great Value
By CHIEFZUSAF on 12/29/06 12:56 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My brother and I looked for new pick up trucks for a few weeks when we came across our 2005 Quad Cab Laramie V-8 Dakotas. The dealer had a few left over '05s and they were fully loaded (except 4WD). We both purchased one each and the trucks are identical even down to the VIN minus the last digit. This truck has been one of the best vehicles I have owned. It is great looking in and out, has a very solid feel when driving with positive steering response , very good accelaration and stopping characteristics. The fuel economy is better than expected and over all we are both very happy with our trucks and would buy one again or highly recommend one to a friend or family.

2005 Dakota Q Cab
By hasel on 12/13/06 08:50 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Other than a little cabin noise have found this vehicle sound and comfortable. Gas mileage I feel is OK.

My '05 Dakota
By mike Lovrinoff on 12/06/06 07:19 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Club Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Dakota almost 2 yrs ago I drive a lot of highway miles. I find the Dakota stable at high speeds, comfortable, and the fuel economy at sustained speeds of 75mph not bad at 21mpg. I have the 6 cyl engine. It's not the peppiest engine but does an adequate job. (the Dakota does tip the scales at over 4,000lbs) The body is tight, the ride is smooth, and the bucket seats are comfortable for a big guy like me. My only complaint so far is that the the dashboard and radio lighting is inadequate in bright daylight. I can't read the letters and numbers on the radio! Overall the truck really is reliable, comfortable, and well put together

Move over Toyota, Dodge Dakota is back..
By david autry on 11/19/06 16:36 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in a '96 Dakota with 189,000 miles. Dodge has been good to me, no trouble with ownership. 2005 Dakota is comfortably roomy and has power to move. Mileage on highway is 22.5. Love the design on the inside. It is bigger than the Tacoma. Love the satellite radio. 5 star crash test rating.