2005 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews 10

2005 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Hats off to the new Dakota
By korndawg on 02/19/05 02:43 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Club Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It is time for the other truck manufacturers to take a look at the new Dakota, and see how a truck is supposed to be built. By far this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. The exterior looks excellent, and it doesn't even begin to compare to the interior. The perfect vehicle for anyone that has ever wanted to have a truck and a luxury car. The only downside is the amount of leg room (or lack thereof) in the back seats. I owned a 2001 Dakota before this, and while I loved that truck, it does not begin to compare to the 2005. For all the Dakota owners out there that are thinking about trading up for the newer model, I say go for it.

More room
By vapamd3 on 02/12/05 13:51 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Club Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

After spending 14 years in standard cab Rangers {2} and S-10's {2} i wanted more interior space.I chose the Dakota mainly because I couldn't find a Tacoma or Frontier at any dealer with the options i wanted. I found this SLT and could not be happier. Smooth, powerful, and comfortable. All controls within easy reach -no daytime running lights ,which I love -great sound and features. I needed the tow package and Dodge's is one of the best out there.

2000 mi assessment
By LEER on 02/08/05 18:49 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I suppose Dodge could have done a better job with the design of this vehicle --- but I really don't know how. This truck is so refined. The ride is great -- road and engine (4.7 V-8) noise is minimal -- handling is fantastic. I have been pleasantly surprised with the fuel economy. It will turn exactly as advertised on the sticker (15/20 mpg). I have made two 600 mi round trips and found that if I dropped my interstate speed to 62mph that the mileage increased by approx. 10 % to a little over 22 mpg. As you can surmise I really like this vehicle --- just can't understand why they aren't moving off the lots in my area.

2005 Dakota Rocks
By paints98 on 02/02/05 21:23 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is the third brand new Dodge Dakota I have owned in the last year. All three were bought brand new, the 2005 is by far the best of them all! It rides better, looks better and the new design is really awesome. I had some kinda of trouble with both of the 2004's, all minor in nature, but NONE with my 2005. The ride is really smooth, it handles great! I also like the head rests added to the back seats, for added safety. My first 2004 Dakota was totalled in a wreck when a lady crossed the center line & hit me, so I can really appreciate the added safety features.

Great Truck
By Jack on 02/02/05 20:33 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Club Cab Laramie 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My Dakota has the 4.7L V8, which was not one of the choices on your drop- down menu. The V8 is the only way to go. Power, economy (Rated 1 MPG better than the 3.7) and that cool V8 sound. The horsepower is a good match with the size of the vehicle. I tested the 3.7 and there is no comparison. There is no part of the truck that I can complain about. The ride is stiff, but it is a truck. Must haves are the heated seats and the Sirius Satellite radio. I almost regret getting the 6 Disc CD changer because with what Sirius has to offer, I will probably never play a CD again.

It rocks
By mrwilliematt on 02/02/05 12:12 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought a 2005 Dodge Dakota Larimie Quad Cab 4WD, V8. I traded in a 2003 Dakota Quad Cab 2WD with the 3.9 V6. The 2005 rides, handles, and sounds way better than the 2003. I also gets better mileage. I am getting around 17 on the 2005 compared to 15 on the 2003. I know a lot of people do not care for the looks of this truck but as a driver it is light years ahead on the previous model Dakota.

Dakota rating
By SK on 12/30/04 16:15 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Club Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It's a great truck and I love it. I've had several Dakotas, loved them all. This one is the best ever

Dak Rock
By AaronMiller on 12/18/04 14:36 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The new Dakota rides very well thanks to a new fronty suspension. I love that it has f&r sway bars, it makes a total difference when compared to the previous three generations!

Ram On!!!!
By jim on 12/12/04 22:11 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned 25 trucks in past 20 years...Dodge has done it...Best truck I've ever owned...Get one Today.

Great Truck So Far
By Chris on 12/04/04 17:47 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had this truck a short time, but I am impressed with the build quality, appears to be much improved over previous Chrysler products. The ride is very comfortable for a truck, and the handling is above average for a truck. Everyone likes the looks, mine is black and it seems to look better than the other colors. By the way, I have the V8 with the tow package, the pull down will only allow me for the V6.