Used 2005 Dodge Dakota Laramie Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

I messed up this time
By L. Duke

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

As much a Dodge fan that I am, this is not looking good. I have a vibration problem, the suspension is very soft, the front end pulls and clunks. I am very dissatisfied, and this will probably be my last Dodge.

Roomy cab, body design, good power, very comfortable cruising at 70mph +.

Poor engineering on front end. Very weak for a pickup. Wind noise in cab. This truck should have never been released with these faults.

Awesome Truck and Great Value
By CHIEFZUSAF

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My brother and I looked for new pick up trucks for a few weeks when we came across our 2005 Quad Cab Laramie V-8 Dakotas. The dealer had a few left over '05s and they were fully loaded (except 4WD). We both purchased one each and the trucks are identical even down to the VIN minus the last digit. This truck has been one of the best vehicles I have owned. It is great looking in and out, has a very solid feel when driving with positive steering response , very good accelaration and stopping characteristics. The fuel economy is better than expected and over all we are both very happy with our trucks and would buy one again or highly recommend one to a friend or family.

2005 Dakota Q Cab
By hasel

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Other than a little cabin noise have found this vehicle sound and comfortable. Gas mileage I feel is OK.

Leather bucket seats,

Take the wind noise out of the cabin

Great truck for my wife.
By Brett

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We do a lot of long distance trips and this has been one of the best, if not the best, vehicles we have purchased. We feel safe and comfortable but not overpowering as some of the large trucks appear. Visibility is great, handling is above average, and we have the power to do anything we would ever need a truck for, like pulling a trailer or boat. I like to do my own minor service and to see how well this truck is constructed underneath is impressive. A very well built truck that is very easy for me to work on. The interior room is the best of all competitors. What a truck! Thank you Dodge.

Leather seats, Alpine sound system. Large exterior mirrors. Great looks and abundant interior space.

Twin exhaust on HO V8

My Dodge Dakota
By Mark

2005 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This truck has it all in one versatile package. I can haul 4 adults, a load in the bed and tow a large boat at the same time comfortably. I get decent fuel economy, 18 to 19 mpg in mixed driving but I stick to posted speeds mostly. My kids love the DVD system and the stereo is kicking.

The exterior look.

More engine choices and a little bit softer interior.