2005 Dodge Dakota Club Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
112,000 & climbing
By Worm on 09/11/08 17:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 4dr Club Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It's been a great truck for the work & travel that I do. Average 21.5 mpg with the V6. Still on the original tires, had the brakes done at 105,000 miles. Change the oil every 6,000 miles. The fronts needed replacement, the rears just needed adjustment. The only other thing that has been replaced was the ambient air sensor. Still has plenty of power in heavy traffic.

Used, but...
By bobbo1953 on 11/02/06 11:49 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 4dr Club Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking for a new model Ford and saw this on the lot. It had only 10,000 miles on the odometer. I bought it after taking a half hour drive. The fit and finish were great and the power was more than adequate. I priced a new Dakota and was shocked at the amount they wanted for the same vehicle for 2007. I got a great bargain. It's red with chrome wheels and it's a head turner, even here in North Carolina where the state motto should be "Yeah it's a big truck". Thanks to the previous owner for trading in a real gem!

Severe Braking And Engineering flaws
By Mike on 11/16/05 07:34 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 4dr Club Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle has sever braking issues which is a direct cause of poor engineering. Chrylser still has no resolution to this problem as of yet. There are dozens and dozens of documented cases of the same problems with most or all of the 05 models. Until something is done to remedy this, and the transmission problems, and the engine idle problems, and the airbag issues, I would NOT suggest that anyone buy one of these trucks. The consumer is getting screwed big time with this truck. And take this from a die hard Mopar nut, who owns 8 Chrylser products. I STRONGLY discourage ANYONE from buying this truck.

Beats my Aurora hands down!
By Trucklover on 03/14/05 17:35 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 4dr Club Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had held off purchasing a Dakota Club Cab until they came along with the rear access doors and am glad I waited. The Dakota is a perfectly sized pickup, fits in the garage okay, and love the V8 power. Also am planning to purchase a travel trailer, so I got the towing package too. Good value for the tow package. It's a sharp looking pickup and sounds great with the dual exhaust.

Hats off to the new Dakota
By korndawg on 02/19/05 02:43 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 4dr Club Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It is time for the other truck manufacturers to take a look at the new Dakota, and see how a truck is supposed to be built. By far this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. The exterior looks excellent, and it doesn't even begin to compare to the interior. The perfect vehicle for anyone that has ever wanted to have a truck and a luxury car. The only downside is the amount of leg room (or lack thereof) in the back seats. I owned a 2001 Dakota before this, and while I loved that truck, it does not begin to compare to the 2005. For all the Dakota owners out there that are thinking about trading up for the newer model, I say go for it.

Dakota rating
By SK on 12/30/04 16:15 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 4dr Club Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It's a great truck and I love it. I've had several Dakotas, loved them all. This one is the best ever

NICE TRUCK
By JERRY P. on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

WISH IT HAD A 5 SPEED TRAM