Used 2005 Dodge Dakota ST Club Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Dakota Club Cab

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Great Truck
By cwestbrook

2005 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 4dr Club Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I wish I would have opted for the V8 but this truck serves my purpose of light hauling and travel very well. There is a little drag in take off, but the truck rides as smoothly as it can and I have thoroughly enjoyed owning it.

Favorite Features

Cab space is open and comfortable but not too excessive.

Suggested Improvements

More space in back in extended cabs. I need about another inch or two to fit a carseat in when the wife's car is busy.

My first Dodge
By Mike

2005 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 4dr Club Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

A loyal Ford truck person, I thought I would try something different.Price and research brought me to Dodge. So far, so good. A basic truck w/AC. My commute in L.A. takes me 86 miles round trip. Handle's well in traffic, although brakes are a little "spongy". I am impressed with what Dodge has done with the Dakota.

Favorite Features

Audio system is great! Confidence while driving is better than Ford Ranger. A solid vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage for V6 is less than expected.Interior is becoming a disappointment,it stains with water.

Don't believe your dealer
By jlharley

2005 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 4dr Club Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I really like the truck with the exception for the rear end vibration when you use the brakes. I asked the dealer before i bought the truck if there were any items of concern and was told no. I returnrd 3 days later to the service department to check out the vibration I felt. The service look at my truck and said oh yea you have the model that has a SRB out about vibration. We have 6 or 7 trucks waiting to get fixed.

Favorite Features

I like the way it handles and the power for a v6. its a fun truck to drive. They just have to fix the vibration. I am still waiting

Suggested Improvements

Dodge fix the problems before you sell the truck

2005 Dodge Dakota
By hba327

2005 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 4dr Club Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is amazing. I have the 3.7 l V6 and it has great power and sound. The interior Is my favorite, very comfortable, quiet, smooth. The only thing I dont like about the truck is the front bumper sticks out 6-inches too much, but other than that I rate it altogether a 9/10. I wouldnt buy anything else but a Dodge

Favorite Features

Interior, all the guages, comfort, room.

Suggested Improvements

The front bumper sticks out to much

2005 Dodge Dakota
By Bill

2005 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 4dr Club Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought the new model Dakota for 2005. I like the new look but wish the mileage was a bit better. This is not a commuter vehicle. I have detected a vibration at 60 MPH, and I hope the dealer can track that down for me. Beyond that, it is a fun truck to drive.

Favorite Features

New, bold look, as roomy as a full size truck. The dealer incentives really lowered the cost!

Suggested Improvements

Great platform for a hybrid to improve milage.