2005 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
I messed up this time
By L. Duke on 11/02/08 20:07 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

As much a Dodge fan that I am, this is not looking good. I have a vibration problem, the suspension is very soft, the front end pulls and clunks. I am very dissatisfied, and this will probably be my last Dodge.

Awesome Truck and Great Value
By CHIEFZUSAF on 12/29/06 12:56 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My brother and I looked for new pick up trucks for a few weeks when we came across our 2005 Quad Cab Laramie V-8 Dakotas. The dealer had a few left over '05s and they were fully loaded (except 4WD). We both purchased one each and the trucks are identical even down to the VIN minus the last digit. This truck has been one of the best vehicles I have owned. It is great looking in and out, has a very solid feel when driving with positive steering response , very good accelaration and stopping characteristics. The fuel economy is better than expected and over all we are both very happy with our trucks and would buy one again or highly recommend one to a friend or family.

2005 Dakota Q Cab
By hasel on 12/13/06 08:50 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Other than a little cabin noise have found this vehicle sound and comfortable. Gas mileage I feel is OK.

Great truck for my wife.
By Brett on 11/08/06 20:17 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We do a lot of long distance trips and this has been one of the best, if not the best, vehicles we have purchased. We feel safe and comfortable but not overpowering as some of the large trucks appear. Visibility is great, handling is above average, and we have the power to do anything we would ever need a truck for, like pulling a trailer or boat. I like to do my own minor service and to see how well this truck is constructed underneath is impressive. A very well built truck that is very easy for me to work on. The interior room is the best of all competitors. What a truck! Thank you Dodge.

My Dodge Dakota
By Mark on 05/17/06 12:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This truck has it all in one versatile package. I can haul 4 adults, a load in the bed and tow a large boat at the same time comfortably. I get decent fuel economy, 18 to 19 mpg in mixed driving but I stick to posted speeds mostly. My kids love the DVD system and the stereo is kicking.

Laramie 4 door V8 flame red . 2WD
By Ronald Troxell on 09/04/05 01:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am in love with this truck.I had an S-10 1985 model so this was a big jump.Did not want a big truck or another small one so the Dakota really filled the bill. Had wanted a Dakota since 1997.When Dodge said employee price that did it.

Loaded Laramie QC H/O 3.7
By Mike J. on 07/03/05 10:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased truck to replace 03 Dakota club cab. Really appreciate the added power, room , improved handling and quite ride of the new model. Took it on an immediate long trip with camper in tow - better mileage and more comfort than the 03 model! Compliments to Chrysler on this one!

Ram On!!!!
By jim on 12/12/04 22:11 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned 25 trucks in past 20 years...Dodge has done it...Best truck I've ever owned...Get one Today.

Great Truck So Far
By Chris on 12/04/04 17:47 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had this truck a short time, but I am impressed with the build quality, appears to be much improved over previous Chrysler products. The ride is very comfortable for a truck, and the handling is above average for a truck. Everyone likes the looks, mine is black and it seems to look better than the other colors. By the way, I have the V8 with the tow package, the pull down will only allow me for the V6.

PERFECT SIZE
By RDRGZ on 12/01/04 22:02 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

THIS TRUCK HAS REAL GUTS (V8)AND DRIVES VERY SMOOTH ON THE HIGHWAY. THE INTERIOR IS VERY CONFORTABLE, PLENTY OF ROOM AND QUIET. THE SUSPENSION SEEMS A LITTLE SOFT AT TIMES. THE MPG IS AS GOOD AS CAN BE EXPECTED FOR A V8. THE TWO WHEEL DRIVE NOW SITS AS HIGH AT THE FOUR WHEEL DRIVE. NO NEED TO SPEND THE EXTRA $$ ON 4X4 IF YOU ONLY USE IT A COUPLE TIMES A YEAR. SO FAR I LOVE IT AND I THINK IT IS A GREAT BUY FOR WHAT YOU GET.