2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 5.3 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Love This Truck!

2004 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Review

Sport Quad Cab (3.7L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual 5.3 ft. Bed)

Love This Truck!
By Mark on

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I was skeptical when I let my wife talk me into this - I was looking for a high gas mileage import. She knew I'd always liked the looks. Once I drove it I was hooked. I have the 4.7 V8 & 5sp. I average 17/gal for my commute and 19+ on the road (my best is 19.85). Great for this truck. I have had nothing but great experience from my dealer. I had a heater hose leak (there was a service bulletin on it) and they offered to replace the carpet if I wanted! I am now getting into a carpool because of the gas prices, but I NEED the truck. It is a great vehicle. Easy & fun to drive and comfortable on the road. The family likes it better than anything else we've owned.

Favorite Features

Flip up rear seats, driveability, seating position, looks, ergs. Great milage for a V8.

Suggested Improvements

Better placement of cupholders (w/the 5 sp), one is too far under the dash and the other gets hit with the shifter. Shorter shift throw. Better stereo. This in the console get lost because it's so deep and there are no seperate compartments.