2004 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
my baby
By big77 on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

its a great little truck. i use mostly to get to school and ride around in so its a good student and cheap for a new truck. i and it can haul a lot for that small of a truck. overall its a good truck isuggest you buy it.

My 2004 Dakota
By Sandy Howard on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great automotive marriage of the 2004 Dodge Dakota 4x4 Quad-cab that we just purchased on Saturday 4/24/2004. There is plenty of room [like a full-size car] that seat 6 yet the versitility of the truck. We have the Magumn V8 in ours and I am glad for the power, for towing our boat to the lake. The entire truck is all power equipment inside. The ride is superior to any automobile and you don't know that it is a 4x4 pickup.

Better than my Silverado
By aggiedude on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Former Nissan Frontier driver for 10yrs then decided I wanted a bigger truck. Went shopping and ended up with an 03 Silverado. Was a little bigger than I wanted,so went shopping for trucks again and ended up with the 04 Dakota SLT with the 4.7 V8 and LOVE it..Performance is awesome, comfort is fantastic, and overall driving is great. It does like gas stations but no more than most V6's in general and got 17.5mpg on my 1st 400mile trip so not complaining. Test drive them all, find a good dealer and you'll fall in love with the Dakota. Not as many "gadgets" as the Silverado but just as comfy and just like the looks better. Hope this helps ya.

Damnit - Chrysler
By James Logue on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

The MAJOR disspointment is the dealer could not alter the headlights so as to have daytime running light.

What a truck!
By bmurphy on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I considered the Chevy Clorado and the Ford Ranger. I even considered an extended cab Tundra. The Dodge Dakota is the perfect mid-size truck. It fits in my limited garage space and fills the highway. I loaded my truck up with leather and all the amenities but located such a truck with the five- speed manual transmission instead of an automatic. Part of the fun of driving a truck is shifting. Try a Dakota. You won't be disappointed.

A lot of truck for the money.
By 2nd Dakota owned on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

The truck rides very smooth and comfortable, for a truck. It also handles really well in the snow, in 4 wheel drive, and does not suck up the gas. I had a 2001 Dakota with the smaller tires and rims which created spinning wheels all the time, my new Dakota has the bigger rims and tires and was definitely a worth while investment. Over all the truck is fun to drive, costs about the same price as a decent car but is a lot safer.

My First New Truck
By Ken Scherry on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving my new truck. I am 42 adn this is the first new Vehicle I have purchesed with less then 30,000 miles on it. If it was not for teh poor gas millage I could say it has been the best purchasse I have ever made on a vehicle. The paper work says since it is new it will take time to brake in the mpg. Time will tell. I can wait and enjoy it while it wait.

04 Dakota 4.7 V8
By Rickyboy on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

The quality seems to be good recomend getting limited slip rear end, goes good with sand bags in back in snow. Have optional wheel package Goodyear Eagles are to noisey. V8 very strong gas mileage not the best but will pull load well. Seats are comfy [front buckets]. Drove the V6 and it had plenty of power bought this one because of stronger motor and load capacity. Overall I have owned Rangers and S10's this is by far the best compact truck made by the big 3 automakers.

proud owner
By kflack on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

the best truck for the money

none
By mikey2222 on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Amazing truck very smooth ride, more than enough than needed power, great features, great all around truck