2004 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Great
By myronlg on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Have not had it long but ride and handling are great for this size pickup.

Great Price, Great Truck, Thanks Dodge
By jmichel62 on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Sold my F250 Crew Diesel. Just too big. Looked for a long time at Colorado and Dakota. The 5 cylinder and small sieze put me off of Chevy. I have the 4.7 with the 5 speed Auto, 4x4 Crew. What a great truck, a welcome change from the big ford. MSRP was 29,595. I got it at dealer cost 27,200, then Dodge gave me 4500 cash back. Solid feel, great engine, big cab and bed. Fun to drive, easy to park, good on the highway. If you drive easy gas milage is good. Good luck on your search.

Time for change.
By Seahunt on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Dakota and fourth dodge pickup. I ran the 2001 Dakota (4V8) 74,000 miles in 3 years and a side from oil changes every 4K the only other service was turn rotors at 46k (pads @75%+) and replace tires at 60k. Issues w/this truck over the other Dakota is the absence of an ash/garage tray, cup holders are useless, doors lock automatically, no power @12v outlet unless key is on, bucket seats do not fully recline, full size spare is not on an aluminum rim and can not be put into rotation. Due to these issues this will likely be my last Dodge.

Dream Truck
By SSN719 on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Everything I've Always Wanted

2nd Dakota better than 1st
By ArtD on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I totaled my 2002 Dakota and in less than a week had a new 2004. Love the truck, love the Quad Cab, very comfortable to ride in. The Dakota just fits me like a glove. I got the 4.7 Magnum, would like to see the Hemi in the Dakota, I think the Hemi gets better gas mileage. Love the All Wheel drive. I use it like a truck ,I don't baby it at all. I can haul a full 4x8 sheet of ply wood in it with the tail gate down. I have also had over 1 ton of stone in it .

FUN AND POWERFULL TRUCK
By STEVE d on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

GREAT TRUCK PULLS STRONG, IS FAST WITH THE 4.7 V8 ,18 MPG LOOKS REAL COOL AND IS THE BEST TRUCK i'VE EVER OWNED....FORD SUCKS

My Dak 97
By My 97 Dak on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Exciting to drive, my favorae toy, realy enjoyed this vehickle. Another party came left of center and totaled this 97 Dakota, party went to sleep.

Is a recall on the horizon?
By mrbig on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have had an '04 4wd club cab for a week.Immediately, I noticed an issue with the shifting, which was spotty.For those of us who have driven stick shifts, it felt like when one should have been in a lower gear.At lower rpms, there was a significant 'missing'...after the automatic trans shifted into a higher gear.It was most noticable at 42-50 mph.Hopefully, this makes sense.I was told that 4 other vehicles had similar problems and that Dodge had to 'flash' the computer and was working on the problem.Any idea when this will take place OR does anyone have any additional information??

04 Dakota Quad Sport Auto
By DakotaBoy on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Nice overall truck if you dont mind it sitting at the dealership while it gets fixed. Great size, somewhat comfortable. 1200 miles total AC not working rear factory tint bubbling/peeling Ball Joints are bad

Perfect Size and performance
By aggiedude on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Been a Nissan driver for over 10yrs then decided I wanted something bigger. Bought a 2003 Silverado and just felt like I was in a tank so decided to give a Dodge Dakota (never owned a Dodge before) a shot. Drove it, loved it, bought it, and could NOT be happier with it.Best truck I ever bought and service from the dealer is beyond 100%. Plenty of room for 4 full size adults and could fit 5 w/o too much hassle. Also love the "regular" rear doors versus the Chevy's extended cab doors. I highly recommend this truck but go with the V8 for better performance and resale value in the future.