2004 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Great Truck
By tjbh on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck, I should have bought one a long time ago!

I love it!!!!!!!!11
By compyx86 on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

WOW what can i say that has not aready been said.. it is fun to drive all kinds of power lots of room and good on gas all you could ever what to have in a pick up i looked at a lot of pickup's before buying this one like the chevy colarodo it can not hold a candel next to my dakota i would recamend it to everone

2004 Dodge Dakota Sport Quad Cab V-8
By 1st dodge on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first new dodge. So far i am nothing but impressed. I have only put 550 miles on it, had it 3 days. I bought the V-8,had trucks with v-6 didn't like the power. Let me tell you i love the V-8 power, four full size doors and it looks awesome. Rides great on the highway, not much wind noise.The only thing i can see as a drawback to this truck is the gas mileage. First tank 12mpg. If this gets better i will be truly happy with my first dodge.

Best Truck on the Market
By M on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SLT Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 4.7 V8 4WD 2002 Dakota. It is the best truck I have ever driven, it has a cab on it and rides and feels like an SUV, but does the work of a truck. I had a Tacoma before this and thought I had the best truck on the market, but the Dakota has the feel of a full size truck for the price of a small size. The interior has an excellent design. I do volunteer EMS and Fire and the truck is perfectly outfitted for this type of work and the V8 has plenty of power to take you wherever you need to go. I added a Tornado Air and have seen a slight improvement in gas mileage.

Computer malfunction
By suQ on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Within a week of owning the truck, I noticed the automatic was shifting "funny". Around 40-50 mph there was "missing" after shifting into the higher gear. (could put the pedal to the floor and no increased power)It went back to the dealer, in the shop for nearly two weeks. Results were Dodge had a computer problem, no idea when it could be fixed. Dealer admitted several other V-6s on the lot had the same problem. No help from the manufactuer. Went to trade it in on a V- 8, dealer tried to make us take a hit of $4,200 negative equity for truck we had less than 3 weeks.(with two weeks in the shop) They put the defective truck back on the lot and sold it!

Gotta Love Them Dodge Trucks
By Rcarter on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've aways had Ford Trucks, 1999 F150 was nice however to much Gas. 2001 Ford Ranger was nice but a little to small and no balls. This is the best driving truck I've ever owned. How well it holds up is to be seen.

Great truck for the money
By pickuper on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Recommend buying this truck (SXT version) if you are on a budget and want something bigger than a true compact size truck. Great initial pick up and a fun drive. Plenty of space, great style and no mechanical problems to date. Enough space in the back seating area of the club cab version for kids. Light hauling has been great. AC kicks in the cool air without a problem when it gets hot.

gas mileage stinks!
By thurmondhr on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Love the truck except for the gas mileage. I average 11 mpg in town, and 15mpg on the road. This is with the 4.7 v8 and automatic trans. I really like the way the rear doors open to almost 90 degrees, makes access very easy. The truck drives and rides very well and is easily parked, even for my wife who is only 5 ft. 3 in. All in all, a great truck except for the gas mileage.

I REGRET
By Mark Thompson on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Has a rattles from under the dash that the dealer can't seem to locate. Very poor fit and finish. Front brakes squeel no matter what the dealer does.

I love this truck!
By Neddis on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SLT Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best truck I have ever driven. I picked it up real cheap too. I love the power of the V8. The payload and towing specs are great. The only problem is the gas mileage. I can't complain though since it's a beefy V8. You can really feel the 295 lb/ft. of torque when you hit the gas. I really like that this truck fills the gap between the "mini" trucks and fullsize. All of the features are great. I got the SLT Plus with all the bells and whistles. I coulnd't have asked for a better truck.