2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
My 2004 Dakota
By Sandy Howard on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great automotive marriage of the 2004 Dodge Dakota 4x4 Quad-cab that we just purchased on Saturday 4/24/2004. There is plenty of room [like a full-size car] that seat 6 yet the versitility of the truck. We have the Magumn V8 in ours and I am glad for the power, for towing our boat to the lake. The entire truck is all power equipment inside. The ride is superior to any automobile and you don't know that it is a 4x4 pickup.

Better than my Silverado
By aggiedude on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Former Nissan Frontier driver for 10yrs then decided I wanted a bigger truck. Went shopping and ended up with an 03 Silverado. Was a little bigger than I wanted,so went shopping for trucks again and ended up with the 04 Dakota SLT with the 4.7 V8 and LOVE it..Performance is awesome, comfort is fantastic, and overall driving is great. It does like gas stations but no more than most V6's in general and got 17.5mpg on my 1st 400mile trip so not complaining. Test drive them all, find a good dealer and you'll fall in love with the Dakota. Not as many "gadgets" as the Silverado but just as comfy and just like the looks better. Hope this helps ya.

What a truck!
By bmurphy on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I considered the Chevy Clorado and the Ford Ranger. I even considered an extended cab Tundra. The Dodge Dakota is the perfect mid-size truck. It fits in my limited garage space and fills the highway. I loaded my truck up with leather and all the amenities but located such a truck with the five- speed manual transmission instead of an automatic. Part of the fun of driving a truck is shifting. Try a Dakota. You won't be disappointed.

My First New Truck
By Ken Scherry on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving my new truck. I am 42 adn this is the first new Vehicle I have purchesed with less then 30,000 miles on it. If it was not for teh poor gas millage I could say it has been the best purchasse I have ever made on a vehicle. The paper work says since it is new it will take time to brake in the mpg. Time will tell. I can wait and enjoy it while it wait.

proud owner
By kflack on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

the best truck for the money

The best mid-sized truck
By 2indy on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

High off the ground with bulging tires, powerful V-6, smooth riding, great handling it feels like a 25K$-30K$ truck. SHHHH! I only payed 20,300$ (this includes tax tags and tite) and I was out the door for this truck. You couldn't beat that with a bat! I'm happy

Nice Truck but Concerned
By ChuckM on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the truck brand new as a leftover. Had 23 miles on it. I use my truck for people hauling since I am in the Real Estate Business. So Far I have no complaints about the truck. I actually LOVE IT! The thing that concerns me is the Ball Joint Problem. I wish they would do a Recall on this problem now instead of waiting for more front tires to fall off causing someone to get injured or killed. They would put a lot of people's minds to rest knowing that the tires will remain where they belong, on the truck!

Perfect Compromise between a Truck & SUV
By Mopar Fan Rich on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have only had my Dakota for a few months, but I can definitely say that I am impressed. The 4.7 v8 has plenty of power and gets better gas mileage than the 5.2 v8 that I had traded in. The short bed is perfect for hauling most items, and the interior is well thought out and comfortable.

LUV MY DAKOTA
By ORANGE1 on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SXT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

MY DAKOTA HAS ROOM FOR 4 BIG ADULTS EAZY. W/FOLD UP SEATS IT HAS ROOM TO SPARE. RIDE IS SMOOTH AND QUICK PLUS I GET 16.5 TO 17 MPG. NICE PLUS

false economy
By dodge man 88g on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

for $26000 you would think they would include an ash tray and lighter even non smokers can find uses for these items .rear brakes squeal from day one but this is the only problem i have.