2004 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Nice Truck
By jbgrandslammer on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Nice Truck fun to drive. Would like to see better gas milage. Also would like to see lower prices. I,ve owned fords and chevys so far this one is the best.

American Made
By squidward20 on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SXT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I looked to purchase this vehicle after I realized the Toyota Tacoma was too rich for my blood. I am very happy with the engine power and build quality. Plenty of storage in this vehicle. I feel that the ride of the Dakota is very carlike as opposed to the Tacoma which drives like a truck. Would recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a great value for the money.

Love My Truck?
By madmadwizard on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I considered many trucks of many makes, styles and sizes. The Dakota met my family/hobby/work needs best so I found the right one and bought it. I've owned it for nearly a year now and I have no regrets. The 4.7L Magnum mill pushes just the right amount of power while the 4-wheel anti-lock disc brakes unfailingly reel that power back. My family of five can comfortably make longish journeys in it while the HWY mileage doesn't kill our finances. The 4X4 grabs the ground nicely!

great truck
By bkr on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I'm over 50 and this is my first new vehicle. The dealer was excellent to deal with. I've received lots of compliments on the style and color.

great
By Craig N. Roberts on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Best truck i have Ever Bought

Dodge.....trucks for real men
By Sgt. Rock on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This truck begins with outstanding street looks and a size that will fool the unschooled into thinking it is a full-size truck. Pull up to a chevy full size regular cab and you even have him thinking that his truck has shrunk. Open the door, sit in the driver's bucket seat and turn the key. The 4.7 V-Eight begins to talk to you and rumble...ahhhhh how I love the sound. You put it in gear and its like a big dog pulling you faster than you want to go. All 230 horses are just waiting impatiently to be let loose. Forget Toyota.........this is really OH WHAT A FEELING...................

My Truck
By dafenderman on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Grat vehicle. Has helped out immeasureably in the hurricane season

The Best
By MSLUVMEDEKODA on 09/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is everything I needed as far as Comfort, Performance, Fuel, Quality, reliability and space for what I needed. I love the handling and design. There isn't anything I would change. As usual.. Dodge has just what I needed when I needed it. One word sum= FAN-TAS-TIC

BUYER BEWARE!
By NO MORE DODGES on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SLT Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

@ 869 miles "check engine" light went on. Downstream O2 sensor replaced at dealer. Lite on again @ 1450 miles & STILL ON! Told by service manager its a 'bug' in computer software & Chrysler is aware of it & they will call when theres a fix. Good luck! Still have dead '93 Daytona I could't sell w/leaking seals on rebuilt engine that was fixed 6 times (finally gave up)after original engine blew. Now ANOTHER Dodge w/ LITTLE RESALE $. Can't file lemon law since not fixed 4 times-just NOT! Beware-check NHTSA & CBS news for early balljoint failure! So much for a warranty.If u find u have a problem, its also easy for DMC to claim "its normal" or disregaurd your complaint.

So far so good!
By horn1 on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Good experience with buying....Sticker Price was $25,600, but I got them down to $16,500 after negotiation and rebates. Awesome deal! I love the look of the truck and it has good power for a V6. Lots of Room inside. Hope it is reliable!