2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Favorite Dodge So Far
By marki on 05/03/05 15:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third Dodge. First had a 96 Ram 1500, then a 02 Dakota. Now have the 04 Dakota. Love everything about it. It's got the V8 with a 5 speed manual transmission. Way more power than the V6, and almost identical gas mileage. Spacious but not too big. Perfect for city or highway driving.

All Go & Cannot Stop
By C. Stueve on 02/14/05 21:29 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Dakota in the last 3 years. I looked at the new Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon & passed up both, along with my GM Employee discount for another Dakota. For my kids & hobbies I could not do without the 4 doors.

Great Truck
By EmersonC on 11/30/04 13:57 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

With the exception of the trans/engine "stutter" between 45 and 58 in OD, the truck handles and drives great. So fun to drive, and everytime i see an open field or a big mud hole, i cant help but want to drive in it. Have never gotten stuck once. Interior is not overly done, but not plain. Very reliable, only problem i had was with the O2 sensors when i first got it. None sense.

Great Vehicle
By Josh Thompson on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

My Dodge Dakota has been a pleasure to own. The ride and handling is excellent. I have put on over 10000 miles in the 7 months I have owned this vehicle and have no complaints other than the fuel consumption, but buying a 4WD, 4.7L V8 you have to expect not to get the best fuel economy. I live in Chesapeake, VA and drive 19 miles to work in heavy traffic and I get on average 17 miles to the gallon.

Nice Truck
By jbgrandslammer on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Nice Truck fun to drive. Would like to see better gas milage. Also would like to see lower prices. I,ve owned fords and chevys so far this one is the best.

American Made
By squidward20 on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SXT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I looked to purchase this vehicle after I realized the Toyota Tacoma was too rich for my blood. I am very happy with the engine power and build quality. Plenty of storage in this vehicle. I feel that the ride of the Dakota is very carlike as opposed to the Tacoma which drives like a truck. Would recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a great value for the money.

Love My Truck?
By madmadwizard on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I considered many trucks of many makes, styles and sizes. The Dakota met my family/hobby/work needs best so I found the right one and bought it. I've owned it for nearly a year now and I have no regrets. The 4.7L Magnum mill pushes just the right amount of power while the 4-wheel anti-lock disc brakes unfailingly reel that power back. My family of five can comfortably make longish journeys in it while the HWY mileage doesn't kill our finances. The 4X4 grabs the ground nicely!

The Best
By MSLUVMEDEKODA on 09/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is everything I needed as far as Comfort, Performance, Fuel, Quality, reliability and space for what I needed. I love the handling and design. There isn't anything I would change. As usual.. Dodge has just what I needed when I needed it. One word sum= FAN-TAS-TIC

So far so good!
By horn1 on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Good experience with buying....Sticker Price was $25,600, but I got them down to $16,500 after negotiation and rebates. Awesome deal! I love the look of the truck and it has good power for a V6. Lots of Room inside. Hope it is reliable!

Great Truck
By tjbh on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck, I should have bought one a long time ago!