Used 2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

My 2004 Dakota
By Danny Cole Sr.

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is a fun truck to drive. I have the 3.7litre V6 with 5 speed transmission. This truck does respond very good with the V6 engine The comfort is good with enough room to seat myself and my wife comfortably. We enjoy this truck. And we like the body style.

The V6 engine 210 hp, the center console has depth to put things in, the big numbers on the speedometer and gauges.

None at this moment.

Lemon
By Brandon

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has given me trouble from day one, literally! It is a beautiful truck, but has had extensive computer, power steering, transmission, and recently, parking brake issues. Chrysler is not standing behind this truck, and the computer problem cannot be completely fixed, as I am still experiencing the same problems and 13- 14mpg all around...sounds good for a little 3.7L engine, huh? Needless to say, I will never buy another Chrysler product again. Neither will my Dodge-owning family, in which there has been a total of 11 new Dodge products owned. Thanks Chrysler!!

Exterior design, price, and overall appearance.

Front suspension and steering (went completely loose on me around 16,000 miles. Chrysler...stand behind your products!

Very Pleased
By wolfinblue

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Dakota! Nice and powerful and throaty sounding 3.7L V6. Towing my 17' boat is a breeze. 18,000 miles and no problems. It handles great and is very comfortable ride for a pickup. Road noise and wind noise is a little more than I would have liked, and factory stereo (Non Infinity) is a joke. Worst factory stereo I've heard on a modern vehicle. I have replaced the speakers and head unit and added a small Bazooka sub. Otherwise, I'm very pleased with this truck!

Towing ability, styling, driving comfort.

More sound dampening to keep out road noise and wind noise. Better factory stereo.

great truck
By bkr

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I'm over 50 and this is my first new vehicle. The dealer was excellent to deal with. I've received lots of compliments on the style and color.

The way it sounds and its pick up and the way it handles.

my baby
By big77

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

its a great little truck. i use mostly to get to school and ride around in so its a good student and cheap for a new truck. i and it can haul a lot for that small of a truck. overall its a good truck isuggest you buy it.

gas pedal!!!!!!!!!!!!! its goes fast

noting