Used 2004 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews - 112 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Dakota

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Power Steering Failure
By JNP

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

At 55,000 miles, the power steering has failed, just like TAJL's. I'm getting it inspected and I notified the dealer of the problem. I purchased the extended warranty (it has come in handy), so it should be taken care of with a $100 deductible. The cable for the power window failed last year. I shut the door, and the window fell down. Is this a common problem for these trucks?

Great in the snow (mine is a 4x4)

Better mpg calculation. Mine is about 1- 2 mpg off of actual economy. The meter says 14.7 mpg, and I'm actually getting about 13 mpg.

Power steering 2004 Dodge Dakota 2004
By TAJL

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

At 53,000 miles the power steering has gone out, I have been told it will cost between $450.00 and $1500. If both p/s pump and rack are shot. I feel with only 53,000 miles and all the problems I have seen on the Internet this problem should be taken care of by the factory.

i luv the dakota
By bravada75

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 04 dakota quad cab 4wd i bought it with 50000 miles now i am at 80000 and it starts like new drives like new it is great i put a boss sport duty 7ft plow and the v-8 has no prob hanging with the big trucks i have a easier time in tight spots and i would recomend this truck because as a mid size truck it is a work horse better then the chevy and ford smal truck all together i love my dakota

v-8 truck experience aith a smaller truck

Love it
By David

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Our Dakota is a great medium sized truck. The towing capacity is more then adequate for our little trailer. I know much has been said about the fuel economy of the 3.7 litre but I have to say that we get 20-21 around town ans 24-25 on the highway. We keep it at 65MPH. Do wonder about the OD on the transmission; under 50 and on hills at that speed I feel it performs better with the OD off.Comfortable and solid drive!

65000 mile review
By teejay

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

well i have just payed this baby off and she has just over 65k miles. still running strong. just regular maintenance issues and new tires so far!! now after just purchasing a 19 foot travel trailer i wish i had the v- 8, but hey i will be giving thie truck to my 17 year old son soon and buying me a new quad cap V-8. do you hear me dodge i want a good deal!!!!!!!

so far good reliability

still want a diesel option in the dakota, but the domestic car companies are too gutless to offer it. it would sell once people realize all of the advantages of a small V-8 vs a gas engine. obviously american ingenuity is dead!!!!!!!