Used 2004 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Great Vehicle
By Josh Thompson

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

My Dodge Dakota has been a pleasure to own. The ride and handling is excellent. I have put on over 10000 miles in the 7 months I have owned this vehicle and have no complaints other than the fuel consumption, but buying a 4WD, 4.7L V8 you have to expect not to get the best fuel economy. I live in Chesapeake, VA and drive 19 miles to work in heavy traffic and I get on average 17 miles to the gallon.

I personally think the fuel economy display is an excellent tool. I can easily check my mileage with very little effort during any condition. The truck bed is more than sufficient for most. Very good seating for the back seats. I would not have got the vehicle if it was hard to get in or out.

I am happy with the vehicle and have no suggestions at this time

Nice Truck
By jbgrandslammer

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Nice Truck fun to drive. Would like to see better gas milage. Also would like to see lower prices. I,ve owned fords and chevys so far this one is the best.

American Made
By squidward20

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SXT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I looked to purchase this vehicle after I realized the Toyota Tacoma was too rich for my blood. I am very happy with the engine power and build quality. Plenty of storage in this vehicle. I feel that the ride of the Dakota is very carlike as opposed to the Tacoma which drives like a truck. Would recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a great value for the money.

Engine power, 4 doors (a must have), vehicle design, and storage

There are some minor issues I have with finish, one of my fender flares is pulling off (3m tape worn, only 2k miles, and weather molding on passengerside door is letting air in.

Love My Truck?
By madmadwizard

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I considered many trucks of many makes, styles and sizes. The Dakota met my family/hobby/work needs best so I found the right one and bought it. I've owned it for nearly a year now and I have no regrets. The 4.7L Magnum mill pushes just the right amount of power while the 4-wheel anti-lock disc brakes unfailingly reel that power back. My family of five can comfortably make longish journeys in it while the HWY mileage doesn't kill our finances. The 4X4 grabs the ground nicely!

Bodystyling, electronic 4-wheel drive, quad cab setup, front bench seat, plenty of room.

front fascia and foglamps seem and look cheap on my particular model.

great
By Craig N. Roberts

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Best truck i have Ever Bought