2004 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews 10

2004 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Great Truck!
By HOSS318 on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

My dakota is the perfect sized truck. Not only is it easy to park, but I average 18 MPG, and 22+ when I'm easy on the gas, and I've got the 4.7L V8 in a club cab. The pricing is amazing, too, given what you get. I'm eye-to-eye with F150s so I don't really feel like its a "small truck".

none
By mikey2222 on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Amazing truck very smooth ride, more than enough than needed power, great features, great all around truck

The best mid-sized truck
By 2indy on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

High off the ground with bulging tires, powerful V-6, smooth riding, great handling it feels like a 25K$-30K$ truck. SHHHH! I only payed 20,300$ (this includes tax tags and tite) and I was out the door for this truck. You couldn't beat that with a bat! I'm happy

Nice Truck but Concerned
By ChuckM on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the truck brand new as a leftover. Had 23 miles on it. I use my truck for people hauling since I am in the Real Estate Business. So Far I have no complaints about the truck. I actually LOVE IT! The thing that concerns me is the Ball Joint Problem. I wish they would do a Recall on this problem now instead of waiting for more front tires to fall off causing someone to get injured or killed. They would put a lot of people's minds to rest knowing that the tires will remain where they belong, on the truck!

Perfect Compromise between a Truck & SUV
By Mopar Fan Rich on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have only had my Dakota for a few months, but I can definitely say that I am impressed. The 4.7 v8 has plenty of power and gets better gas mileage than the 5.2 v8 that I had traded in. The short bed is perfect for hauling most items, and the interior is well thought out and comfortable.

LUV MY DAKOTA
By ORANGE1 on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SXT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

MY DAKOTA HAS ROOM FOR 4 BIG ADULTS EAZY. W/FOLD UP SEATS IT HAS ROOM TO SPARE. RIDE IS SMOOTH AND QUICK PLUS I GET 16.5 TO 17 MPG. NICE PLUS

false economy
By dodge man 88g on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

for $26000 you would think they would include an ash tray and lighter even non smokers can find uses for these items .rear brakes squeal from day one but this is the only problem i have.

great truck
By dakota on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great truck. It has ample room for 6 children or 4 large adults. It is great for carrying christmas trees, football equipment, etc. I would recommend it to anyone that asked me.

Dodge Quad Cab 5.7 8cyl
By Bryan Orange Park on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have enjoy'd the truck as a hole , but worried about the upper ball joint problem, I have taken it to the deal and of course they find nothing wrong , but there is a popping sound when i turn the wheel, I see future problems in that area for Dodge. I only drive about 9,000 miles a year.

Great Truck!!!
By Duckman on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SXT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my truck right before the big snow storm hit my city. Most of the city was snowed in for a few days, but not me in my new Dodge. I have the quad cab, so I loaded up the family and we went all over just for the fun of it. It really is a great truck!