2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
My Dakota
By Mike B on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought trk new, no major problems, fun to drive, water pump replaced but thats it, replaced the rotors and pads at 70,000 miles, installed vented and cross drilled rotors and pads , big diff in stopping,

Power steering 2004 Dodge Dakota 2004
By TAJL on 03/17/10 11:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

At 53,000 miles the power steering has gone out, I have been told it will cost between $450.00 and $1500. If both p/s pump and rack are shot. I feel with only 53,000 miles and all the problems I have seen on the Internet this problem should be taken care of by the factory.

Great truck and has never let me down
By Califroff on 01/24/09 10:35 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Owned this truck for almost 5 years, 115,000 miles. Still get 20 mpg on trips, 16 mpg in traffic. Except for tires, lube, fluid changes,and one taillight, have never had a thing that needed fixing. Still have the original battery. Parks outdoors 100% of the time and driven every other day. I over load it frequently and had it stuck so bad a front loader CAT had to lift me out. V6 and transmission just keep going. Better truck that the 1998 Dakota I owned previously. Interior has held up well and is still more comfortable than the Colorado or Rangers I've tried.

Can't beat a Dodge
By Gatorman on 01/16/09 16:28 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've own this little truck for 4 years now and been from Ga to Tx many times. Me being in the military and all. Only problem I have had is tires and that because I run them off going back and forth to Texas. Won't trade my truck for a Ford, Chevy or GMC.

Too many problems
By jwf on 12/31/08 04:09 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have just turned 40k and have had too many problems. At 8k a cam sensor went bad, at 24 k the fan heating motor went out in January. At 40k cam sensor went bad again, and the wiring harness for the fan heating motor melted. the last one cost me $500 in repairs.

My 2004 Dakota
By Danny Cole Sr. on 02/11/06 11:52 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is a fun truck to drive. I have the 3.7litre V6 with 5 speed transmission. This truck does respond very good with the V6 engine The comfort is good with enough room to seat myself and my wife comfortably. We enjoy this truck. And we like the body style.

Lemon
By Brandon on 07/11/05 08:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has given me trouble from day one, literally! It is a beautiful truck, but has had extensive computer, power steering, transmission, and recently, parking brake issues. Chrysler is not standing behind this truck, and the computer problem cannot be completely fixed, as I am still experiencing the same problems and 13- 14mpg all around...sounds good for a little 3.7L engine, huh? Needless to say, I will never buy another Chrysler product again. Neither will my Dodge-owning family, in which there has been a total of 11 new Dodge products owned. Thanks Chrysler!!

Very Pleased
By wolfinblue on 03/26/05 19:02 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Dakota! Nice and powerful and throaty sounding 3.7L V6. Towing my 17' boat is a breeze. 18,000 miles and no problems. It handles great and is very comfortable ride for a pickup. Road noise and wind noise is a little more than I would have liked, and factory stereo (Non Infinity) is a joke. Worst factory stereo I've heard on a modern vehicle. I have replaced the speakers and head unit and added a small Bazooka sub. Otherwise, I'm very pleased with this truck!

great truck
By bkr on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I'm over 50 and this is my first new vehicle. The dealer was excellent to deal with. I've received lots of compliments on the style and color.

my baby
By big77 on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

its a great little truck. i use mostly to get to school and ride around in so its a good student and cheap for a new truck. i and it can haul a lot for that small of a truck. overall its a good truck isuggest you buy it.