2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
love it
By zack on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2004 dakota with the 4.7 v8 it has a lot of power towing wise its great i pulled 12,000 pounds and the truck doesn't struggle at all. But i have a problem with the window when you close it it will fall and not go back up dose this happened to a lot of people with this truck? But I can tell you its the best truck so far I had it has 147,000 miles on it and it still runs like a beast. But gas wise it drinks a lot but if you drive on the highway it will do great I drove it to new jersey and I only filled up 3 times and I was pulling a trailer so I can say that its a awesome truck and I love driving it.

My used Dakato 2007 v8
By mac on 07/26/10 13:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used and it had probably bee en in a rear end wreck but it didn't impact the car so i didn't care, it has a v8 4.7 and its so far been an awesome truck, i didst expect much but right now for how cheap it was its been a total bargain and its gone tons of power and looks great. The gas mileage is criminal but i use it to haul toys rarely and sometimes to and from work 5 miles so for me its ok, the v8 power doing 80 up hill towing passing the Nissans and toyatas going 45 is awesome.

65000 mile review
By teejay on 10/13/09 22:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

well i have just payed this baby off and she has just over 65k miles. still running strong. just regular maintenance issues and new tires so far!! now after just purchasing a 19 foot travel trailer i wish i had the v- 8, but hey i will be giving thie truck to my 17 year old son soon and buying me a new quad cap V-8. do you hear me dodge i want a good deal!!!!!!!

47k mile review
By teejay on 05/24/08 15:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Well after 47k miles I thought I needed to write another review. So far this truck has performed like a champ. I do perform my preventative maintenance without exception. I changed the transmission fluid to synthetic @ 36k miles and the rear differential fluid to royal purple synthetic at the same time. I just changed my sparks plugs and cleaned my throttle body. I also put new ceramic breaks pads on @ 40k miles. I hope to get 200k out of it. I also use Mobil one synthetic oil every since 10k miles.

The best truck we've owned
By moo on 10/09/07 18:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This Dakota has best the best vehicle we've owned. In July, Savannah, GA flooded and we had to drive through the waters to get home. We have the 2004 Dodge Dakota SLT 2WD pickup. We were one of the only vehicles to make it out of the 4 foot running waters. We owe Dodge for our safety and their reliability.

37k mile review!
By teejay on 09/04/07 21:34 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Well here I am at 37k miles and so far not much to complain about. I did have one minor problem with a front stereo speaker going out, but Dodge replaced that quickly and without hesitation. I have rotated and checked my tire pressure religiously, but after only 37k I will need new tires soon. I will not go back with Goodyear. Other than that I am pleased with my purchase and hope to kept the truck for many years unless Dodge comes out with a diesel in the Dakota soon?

So Far, So Good
By TEEJAY on 02/18/07 23:58 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Well I now have 31k on this truck and no real problems as of yet. I am patiently waiting to see if the rumors are true about Dodge putting a 4.2lt cummings diesel in the Dakota in 08? If they do then I will trade my '04 in a flash. The 4.2l diesel gets close to 30mpg and has over 400ftlb of torque. I could pull my bass boat with eash and still get good gas mileage and the longevity of a cummings diesel. Great!

So Far, So Good
By terry jenkins on 05/31/06 23:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Well I just returned from a long trip and I averaged 26mpg from the 3.7LT! Not bad considering that others are paying close to 40k$ for hybrid SUVs that donít get that!

Excellent truck!!
By terry jenkins on 01/01/06 02:14 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

20k miles now and havent had to take back to dealer one time! Rides like a car and has adequate power for commuting. It pulls my 17ft bass boat with ease. Gas mileage not too bad with v-6, I improved it to 23 overall by adding k&n filter and using synthetic oil. I hope to keep this truck along time so reliability is extremely important and time will tell if it can go the distance that I expect from my vehicles??? Good value for the money. A Toyota Tacoma with similar options would have been 5k more!!

Perfect Size and performance
By aggiedude on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Been a Nissan driver for over 10yrs then decided I wanted something bigger. Bought a 2003 Silverado and just felt like I was in a tank so decided to give a Dodge Dakota (never owned a Dodge before) a shot. Drove it, loved it, bought it, and could NOT be happier with it.Best truck I ever bought and service from the dealer is beyond 100%. Plenty of room for 4 full size adults and could fit 5 w/o too much hassle. Also love the "regular" rear doors versus the Chevy's extended cab doors. I highly recommend this truck but go with the V8 for better performance and resale value in the future.