2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
51k mile review
By teejay1 on 12/25/08 19:37 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Well here I am again. After over 4 years of ownership and 51k miles I have to say I still am happy. With the economy in the tank like it is I am most likely going to run this truck till the wheels fall off. I plan on getting 200k maybe even 300k out of it. Skeptical you say? Well I have a car right now with 283k on it and I drive it most everyday. I am a maintenance engineering supervisor for the federal government. So you know that I take care of my stuff and so should you! So far only had to go back to the dealership once, and that was to replace a bad speaker on the passenger side. So not bad so far!

I will probably always own a Dakota!
By chriscat870 on 01/19/07 06:01 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

First Dodge and 3rd pickup I've owned. The other 2 were full size. They were a waste of money! The V6 only has 25 fewer horses than the V8 and gets about 18-19 mpg. Put a K&N filter and some exhaust and you'll get your horses back with even better mpg! Next to an Audi A6 Quattro, this is the funnest vehicle I have ever driven! It holds the road like a sports car, but carries cargo without strain. It does not do well in wet conditions, but that can be fixed with better tires. The fact that this model was viturally unchanged for 10 years should be a testament to the appeal of its looks.

The Best
By MSLUVMEDEKODA on 09/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is everything I needed as far as Comfort, Performance, Fuel, Quality, reliability and space for what I needed. I love the handling and design. There isn't anything I would change. As usual.. Dodge has just what I needed when I needed it. One word sum= FAN-TAS-TIC

My First New Truck
By Ken Scherry on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving my new truck. I am 42 adn this is the first new Vehicle I have purchesed with less then 30,000 miles on it. If it was not for teh poor gas millage I could say it has been the best purchasse I have ever made on a vehicle. The paper work says since it is new it will take time to brake in the mpg. Time will tell. I can wait and enjoy it while it wait.

The best mid-sized truck
By 2indy on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

High off the ground with bulging tires, powerful V-6, smooth riding, great handling it feels like a 25K$-30K$ truck. SHHHH! I only payed 20,300$ (this includes tax tags and tite) and I was out the door for this truck. You couldn't beat that with a bat! I'm happy