Used 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Most Helpful|
Love my Dakota!
By sixatbat

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. I have the 4.7 V-8 with 110k on it and it keeps up with the big trucks with no problem. It handles better than all other trucks I have driven. It's very roomy and I was surprised with the amount of room it has in the back seat with the quad cab! 4x4 is great, I've already pulled out a jeep and an s-10 out of the mud. My only complaint is the fuel milage. I get about 14.5 mpg combined city and highway. It's better than most full size trucks though. If you want a truck that has the compactness of a mid size truck, but the power and capability of a full size truck, get the Dodge Dakota.

My used Dakato 2007 v8
By mac

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used and it had probably bee en in a rear end wreck but it didn't impact the car so i didn't care, it has a v8 4.7 and its so far been an awesome truck, i didst expect much but right now for how cheap it was its been a total bargain and its gone tons of power and looks great. The gas mileage is criminal but i use it to haul toys rarely and sometimes to and from work 5 miles so for me its ok, the v8 power doing 80 up hill towing passing the Nissans and toyatas going 45 is awesome.

Favorite Features

v8

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage

love it
By zack

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2004 dakota with the 4.7 v8 it has a lot of power towing wise its great i pulled 12,000 pounds and the truck doesn't struggle at all. But i have a problem with the window when you close it it will fall and not go back up dose this happened to a lot of people with this truck? But I can tell you its the best truck so far I had it has 147,000 miles on it and it still runs like a beast. But gas wise it drinks a lot but if you drive on the highway it will do great I drove it to new jersey and I only filled up 3 times and I was pulling a trailer so I can say that its a awesome truck and I love driving it.

Favorite Features

the 4.7 v8 and the leather interior and the room

Suggested Improvements

the window

i luv the dakota
By bravada75

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 04 dakota quad cab 4wd i bought it with 50000 miles now i am at 80000 and it starts like new drives like new it is great i put a boss sport duty 7ft plow and the v-8 has no prob hanging with the big trucks i have a easier time in tight spots and i would recomend this truck because as a mid size truck it is a work horse better then the chevy and ford smal truck all together i love my dakota

Favorite Features

v-8 truck experience aith a smaller truck

Power Steering Failure
By JNP

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

At 55,000 miles, the power steering has failed, just like TAJL's. I'm getting it inspected and I notified the dealer of the problem. I purchased the extended warranty (it has come in handy), so it should be taken care of with a $100 deductible. The cable for the power window failed last year. I shut the door, and the window fell down. Is this a common problem for these trucks?

Favorite Features

Great in the snow (mine is a 4x4)

Suggested Improvements

Better mpg calculation. Mine is about 1- 2 mpg off of actual economy. The meter says 14.7 mpg, and I'm actually getting about 13 mpg.