Used 2004 Dodge Dakota SLT Club Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Dakota Club Cab

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

2004 dakota club cab V-6
By fred

2004 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Replaced my 1995 Dakota with the 2004 because it had 244k miles and I didn't like the 2005 body style. I now have 116k miles. Replaced water pump, tires x 1. Still have original battery! Love it but regret not keeping the 95 (the guy I sold it to ran it into the ground) and buying a durango for the covered cargo area for luggage and groceries.

Favorite Features

appearance, styling, paint (like new), galvanized sheet metal carrying capacity/utility - livestock, manure, straw, hay, top soil, mulch, furniture, appliances, lumber, drywall, etc. fuel economy - 21mpg by finding best route and using cruise control extensively heated electric mirrors

Suggested Improvements

dump the black carpeting and dark upholstery -- it always looks dirty! improve the auto-dimming rear view mirror - the old prismatic mirror does a better job shut down a couple of cylinders when cruising at highway speeds and not hauling cargo/trailer

great truck
By dakota

2004 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great truck. It has ample room for 6 children or 4 large adults. It is great for carrying christmas trees, football equipment, etc. I would recommend it to anyone that asked me.

Favorite Features

I love the power it has for a V-6, and also the convienent cup holders, and space for a television unit. I also like the clip for holding mail, and other important papers.

Suggested Improvements

Being a little more efficient on gas would be nice, but it is much better than the Bronco I previously owned.