Used 2004 Dodge Dakota SXT Club Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Dakota Club Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Love it
By David

2004 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Our Dakota is a great medium sized truck. The towing capacity is more then adequate for our little trailer. I know much has been said about the fuel economy of the 3.7 litre but I have to say that we get 20-21 around town ans 24-25 on the highway. We keep it at 65MPH. Do wonder about the OD on the transmission; under 50 and on hills at that speed I feel it performs better with the OD off.Comfortable and solid drive!

Dakota
By dsatlle

2004 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Overall, the vehicle is about what I expected. When traveling over bumps or potholes the vehicle jumps off the front tires. it feels really dangerous so I'm not happy with the way it handles.The passenger seat does not recline to a comfortable position on long trips, not even half way to 180 degrees, it can be quite uncomfortable. The brakes started squeaking at about 16,000 miles and I have not had them checked, hoping that the dust works itself out without the dealer arming and legging me to take care of it. BTW, I bought a oil change coupon book from the dealer and they are always wanting to do unnecessary work, so beware. Other than oil changes I have done no other maintenance.

Feels like you're in a cockpit with a small windshield. Nice simple interior dash.

Improve the comfort of the seats by allowing them to FULLY recline.

Dodge.....trucks for real men
By Sgt. Rock

2004 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This truck begins with outstanding street looks and a size that will fool the unschooled into thinking it is a full-size truck. Pull up to a chevy full size regular cab and you even have him thinking that his truck has shrunk. Open the door, sit in the driver's bucket seat and turn the key. The 4.7 V-Eight begins to talk to you and rumble...ahhhhh how I love the sound. You put it in gear and its like a big dog pulling you faster than you want to go. All 230 horses are just waiting impatiently to be let loose. Forget Toyota.........this is really OH WHAT A FEELING...................

Looks, power, comfort, size, the Dakota has it all.

Bring back a 360 CI and beef up the drive train...........bring back the R/T....................PLEASE!!!!!

My Truck
By dafenderman

2004 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Grat vehicle. Has helped out immeasureably in the hurricane season

Body Style,and the 3.7 ltr engine our outstanding features

More leg room for the back seat area. Not much, just a little

I love it!!!!!!!!11
By compyx86

2004 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

WOW what can i say that has not aready been said.. it is fun to drive all kinds of power lots of room and good on gas all you could ever what to have in a pick up i looked at a lot of pickup's before buying this one like the chevy colarodo it can not hold a candel next to my dakota i would recamend it to everone

everthing