2004 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
First impressions
By Dodger on 04/13/09 15:09 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Just bought my '04 from the orig owner with less than 22K miles on it. 4.7 V- 8, 5 speed auto, optioned out with most everything except for some reason, no power seat. It's a quad cab 2WD with 3.55 antislip rear axle. I've only put about 500 miles on it so far, but can say that I'm impressed with the ride, the engine, everything. Getting 19.5 mpg in mixed city/freeway driving (30/70), and this little 4.7 will flat get out and fly if you want it to. Of course, my reported gas mileage is obtained by using that power sparingly. Exhaust has a resonance right at 1700 rpm (60 mph in 5th) that I don't like; you can sense it in other gears as well as you pass through that rpm.

Great Truck
By Great Truck on 06/11/07 12:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This truck performed beyond expectations and is comfortable to drive. Great truck except for the poor fuel efficiency

Nice Truck
By jbgrandslammer on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Nice Truck fun to drive. Would like to see better gas milage. Also would like to see lower prices. I,ve owned fords and chevys so far this one is the best.

So far so good!
By horn1 on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Good experience with buying....Sticker Price was $25,600, but I got them down to $16,500 after negotiation and rebates. Awesome deal! I love the look of the truck and it has good power for a V6. Lots of Room inside. Hope it is reliable!

Great Truck
By tjbh on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck, I should have bought one a long time ago!

I REGRET
By Mark Thompson on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Has a rattles from under the dash that the dealer can't seem to locate. Very poor fit and finish. Front brakes squeel no matter what the dealer does.

Dodge Quad Cab 5.7 8cyl
By Bryan Orange Park on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have enjoy'd the truck as a hole , but worried about the upper ball joint problem, I have taken it to the deal and of course they find nothing wrong , but there is a popping sound when i turn the wheel, I see future problems in that area for Dodge. I only drive about 9,000 miles a year.

My dream truck
By BCDodger on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've onlt had it for a month, but I love everything about it! There is plenty of room, for my family of six. The ride is great! The looks are AAA! Overall the truck was very much worth the price!

One Ram Tough Midsize
By brouillette0603 on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

One of the most dependable Amercican trucks for the past 10 years. Plenty of horse power. Great looks. Great potential for looks dressup and performance upgrades if the owner so chooses.