2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7L V6 5-speed Manual 5.3 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

Sport Plus Quad Cab (3.7L V6 5-speed Manual 5.3 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Pretty neat
By ordinaryguy on 03/02/09 00:53 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've got 48k on mine. Other than a recall for an O2 sensor an a plugged AC filter- no prob. Orig Goodyears still solid. Brakes solid. Fun solid. This thing will haul just about everything and in style. Ride and handling is a lot better than my last GMC. I agree with the quirky tranny shifting. Keep it out of OD in city driving and it will behave better. I get 18 city no problemo after I applied this method. Love the truck!

Very happy
By Pjamas on 05/30/06 12:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport Plus Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is our second Dakota, and very happy. 1st was a 2002 and am even happier with the 2004. Has needed no work other than normal maintenance and has always given me all the power I could need or want. There is tons of room in quad cab. We have two car seats in there with no problems and the back (with a cap) is great for towing strollers and such. Have fit three car seats, but wouldn't for everyday use. Truck still has lots of power for when we need to use it as a truck though. Have towed many things includling 15ft boats and even small exacvators with no problem. Nice to have a mid size for when you need the power sometimes but not everyday to justify a full-size.