2004 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Love it
By David on 10/15/09 09:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Our Dakota is a great medium sized truck. The towing capacity is more then adequate for our little trailer. I know much has been said about the fuel economy of the 3.7 litre but I have to say that we get 20-21 around town ans 24-25 on the highway. We keep it at 65MPH. Do wonder about the OD on the transmission; under 50 and on hills at that speed I feel it performs better with the OD off.Comfortable and solid drive!

Dakota
By dsatlle on 08/23/05 00:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Overall, the vehicle is about what I expected. When traveling over bumps or potholes the vehicle jumps off the front tires. it feels really dangerous so I'm not happy with the way it handles.The passenger seat does not recline to a comfortable position on long trips, not even half way to 180 degrees, it can be quite uncomfortable. The brakes started squeaking at about 16,000 miles and I have not had them checked, hoping that the dust works itself out without the dealer arming and legging me to take care of it. BTW, I bought a oil change coupon book from the dealer and they are always wanting to do unnecessary work, so beware. Other than oil changes I have done no other maintenance.

Dodge.....trucks for real men
By Sgt. Rock on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This truck begins with outstanding street looks and a size that will fool the unschooled into thinking it is a full-size truck. Pull up to a chevy full size regular cab and you even have him thinking that his truck has shrunk. Open the door, sit in the driver's bucket seat and turn the key. The 4.7 V-Eight begins to talk to you and rumble...ahhhhh how I love the sound. You put it in gear and its like a big dog pulling you faster than you want to go. All 230 horses are just waiting impatiently to be let loose. Forget Toyota.........this is really OH WHAT A FEELING...................

My Truck
By dafenderman on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Grat vehicle. Has helped out immeasureably in the hurricane season

I love it!!!!!!!!11
By compyx86 on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

WOW what can i say that has not aready been said.. it is fun to drive all kinds of power lots of room and good on gas all you could ever what to have in a pick up i looked at a lot of pickup's before buying this one like the chevy colarodo it can not hold a candel next to my dakota i would recamend it to everone

Gotta Love Them Dodge Trucks
By Rcarter on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've aways had Ford Trucks, 1999 F150 was nice however to much Gas. 2001 Ford Ranger was nice but a little to small and no balls. This is the best driving truck I've ever owned. How well it holds up is to be seen.

Great truck for the money
By pickuper on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Recommend buying this truck (SXT version) if you are on a budget and want something bigger than a true compact size truck. Great initial pick up and a fun drive. Plenty of space, great style and no mechanical problems to date. Enough space in the back seating area of the club cab version for kids. Light hauling has been great. AC kicks in the cool air without a problem when it gets hot.

Great
By myronlg on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Have not had it long but ride and handling are great for this size pickup.

04 Dakota 4.7 V8
By Rickyboy on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

The quality seems to be good recomend getting limited slip rear end, goes good with sand bags in back in snow. Have optional wheel package Goodyear Eagles are to noisey. V8 very strong gas mileage not the best but will pull load well. Seats are comfy [front buckets]. Drove the V6 and it had plenty of power bought this one because of stronger motor and load capacity. Overall I have owned Rangers and S10's this is by far the best compact truck made by the big 3 automakers.

none
By mikey2222 on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Amazing truck very smooth ride, more than enough than needed power, great features, great all around truck