Used 2004 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

My Blue Beastie the 04 Dakota 4.7 5 speed 4X4.
By warchild_50

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Before the Canyon and Colorado there was only Dodge's Dakota. I bought mine used since then it has been through the ringer. Still roars when prodded,nimble when needed and a brute in torque that is able to pull the eye teeth out of a medium Dinosaur!! A very capable grocery getter and docile enough to get to church on time.

Powerful 4.7 Magnum mod motor, gobs of torque. Gas MPG is what else poor to wow are you kidding me!! Hey it IS a truck,yes? Shift with locking the hubs yippeee!! 5 Speed is silky smooth though highway noise comes through loud and clear.

Better noise quiting. Do the back of the cab have doors now, they should. Maybe a Pre-runner type would be offered.

Love my Dakota!
By sixatbat

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. I have the 4.7 V-8 with 110k on it and it keeps up with the big trucks with no problem. It handles better than all other trucks I have driven. It's very roomy and I was surprised with the amount of room it has in the back seat with the quad cab! 4x4 is great, I've already pulled out a jeep and an s-10 out of the mud. My only complaint is the fuel milage. I get about 14.5 mpg combined city and highway. It's better than most full size trucks though. If you want a truck that has the compactness of a mid size truck, but the power and capability of a full size truck, get the Dodge Dakota.

love it
By zack

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2004 dakota with the 4.7 v8 it has a lot of power towing wise its great i pulled 12,000 pounds and the truck doesn't struggle at all. But i have a problem with the window when you close it it will fall and not go back up dose this happened to a lot of people with this truck? But I can tell you its the best truck so far I had it has 147,000 miles on it and it still runs like a beast. But gas wise it drinks a lot but if you drive on the highway it will do great I drove it to new jersey and I only filled up 3 times and I was pulling a trailer so I can say that its a awesome truck and I love driving it.

the 4.7 v8 and the leather interior and the room

the window

My Dakota
By Mike B

2004 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought trk new, no major problems, fun to drive, water pump replaced but thats it, replaced the rotors and pads at 70,000 miles, installed vented and cross drilled rotors and pads , big diff in stopping,

performance is very good trk will get up and go if you get on it. have the 3.7 auto tranny, the 392 gears helps a lot, best mileage so far was 22 mpg on the highway drops to 17 in the city

I'd like to see better shocks as oem

My used Dakato 2007 v8
By mac

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used and it had probably bee en in a rear end wreck but it didn't impact the car so i didn't care, it has a v8 4.7 and its so far been an awesome truck, i didst expect much but right now for how cheap it was its been a total bargain and its gone tons of power and looks great. The gas mileage is criminal but i use it to haul toys rarely and sometimes to and from work 5 miles so for me its ok, the v8 power doing 80 up hill towing passing the Nissans and toyatas going 45 is awesome.

v8