2003 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Dakato V6 Quad
By Denjmar on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

This it was time to get into a truck instead of a car. Full bells & whistles. Love the truck but when I bought it I had concerns about fuel MPG so I went with V-6 and 2WD. So far it has performed well but V6 works hard on long hills. I don't think MPG is much different between V6 and V8. Next time will go with V8. Don't do any off road but got limited slip diff instead of 4WD. Will see what winter brings. Very happy with Dakato and would do it again.

like my truck
By dorothy koprowski on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I needed a truck to haul stuff without asking to loan one in the family all the time. I traded in my beloved new yorker but I love the dakota. Its a good truck for a woman

Happy so far
By A12BEE on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Just picked up my new quad cab SLT plus. 4.7L,5 speed,buckets,leather wrap wheel and bed liner. Very pleased so far, ride is excellent and engine performance is very good. As with everyone else I have noticed the gas gauge is very responsive in the downward direction. Love the color,Patriot Blue. Did add some Huskey mud flaps this weekend as I could see they are pretty much required if you plan on keeping the paint looking good.

the truck that still looks like a truck
By veirpiecrs on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

nothing but fun to drive.

Great Truck
By uncle buck on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

This is a fun truck to drive. It gives you a sense of power driving around town. The styling is distinctive, the patriot blue color is different and the handling off and on highways is superb. It is without a doubt the best truck that I've ever had, including full size trucks. The reliability gives not doubt that this truck will last me a very long time without any problems.

First time truck owner
By Kelly Jones on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

This truck handles really well. The ride initially is not great, you feel all of the bumps and grooves in the roadway. Over time, this seems to have smoothed out a bit. Interior is very comfortable and roomy in my model (bucket seats, club cab). Gas mileage is around 17-18 city, 19-21 hwy.

V8 Madness
By BNASTEE on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I recently bought the SLT Plus Quad Cab 4.7 V8 4x4. Love almost everything about it except the fuel mileage, a whistling noise on the highway, and dirt seems to be able to enter the front door panels and sits above the rubber molding strip at the bottom of the door (same problem on the Durango and other Dakota models).

Kickin Butt Truck
By Whatup on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck in April 2001, I got the 5.9L Automatic with the rest of the bells and whistles and I love it. I tow a sandrail and a 21' ski boat and fly down the freeway. For a midsize truck it delivers a full size punch. Great power and great to drive!

Questionable
By Dogman on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2003 Sport plus 4.7 litre 5speed automatic. I only get 12 miles per gallon. And if this holds up wonder if I should have spent the extra couple thousand for the 1500. The truck for someone who wants almost full size capabilities with ease of parking.

4X4 SXT 3.9L 4spd auto
By brupac on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Would never of thought of buying a Dodge before but this truck really impressed me. Great looks,quality feel inside and out plus plenty of power from the 3.9L not to mention a $3000.00 rebate how can you go wrong.