Used 2003 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Best "Compact" truck around
By Godzirrah

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I've Had it for three weeks now and besides being my everyday commuting vehicle (with kids in car seats) it tows my 20' boat famously. I own the V8 4.7L 2wd. I call my truch the baby bear truck as it fits all my everyday needs "just right"...I test drove all others on the market and the Dodge blows away the Tacoma, Frontier and Colorado. The closest was the Tundra but tons more cabin room with the Dodge at a lot less price.

interior, bed size & towing capability. I thought I wouldn't like the smaller bed that comes with the quad but it fits just right

A little slow from 30 - 50 but I attribute that to the V8 and sure don't complain when I'm towing my boat.,

03' 4x4 V8 Extended Cab
By x98evens

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Very fast for a truck this size, great size/price combination for a truck. Enjoyable to drive the 5 speed w/ limited slip rear end. Hard to find a good service shop for the tougher jobs (required frequent axle flushes), but you can't blaim that on the truck.

Powerful, fast V8 fun to drive. Easy towing, smooth ride, easy to do most work on.

Ball joints with grease fittings, better shocks, tires and brakes.

I love this little son of a gun
By sharkraider552

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

love this truck. drives like a dream, mine has the stampede package and i love it, can't say how meany comments people has said they loved the way the truck looks the inside is right on center console is really big if uhad o could hide a body in there dodge stole this ford lover and turned him into a dodge guy for now on

love how confirtible the seats are in this truck even it is a single cab always confirtible

a little more room behind the seat to put item that are a little bigger other then that truck is great

Dakota Quad/SLT+/4.7 with 5-45FRE Tranny
By Deselfitter

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Well behaved truck with good size ~not too large and not too small. This Dakota is a pleasure to drive around town and short trips. I am looking forward to longer trips when warm weather arrives. Fuel economy is close to EPA estimates, about 14 in towm and 19 highway. I expect further improvement with more miles.

I love interior space and layout. The engine is great match for this tranny. Cloth, high-back, power bucket seats are quite comfortable. Being able to turn off the interior lights a plus.

Make it easier to change the time on the clock! Ford has a better system for setting the clock.

NICE LITTLE TRUCK
By SMOKEY-2

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I ALWAYS HAD DODGE TRUCKS, THIS 2003 DAKOTA WITH THE V6 AUTOMATIC IS A GOOD LITTLE TRUCK. GOOD POWER, EASY TO PARK AND I REALLY LIKE THE 4 WHEEL DISC BRAKES. THE BASE MODEL HAS A NICE SIZE INTERIOR WITH CLOTH BENCH SEAT.

DISC BRAKES GIVE GOOD STOPPING POWER. ELECTRONIC SHIFT 4 WHEEL DRIVE.