2003 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
my red dodge
By bobbiejorussell on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

i own a 2003 dodge dakota quad cab sport with a magnum v8 engine, i found it necessary to purchase this vehicle because it offers the convience of a car and the capability of a truck. I currently owned a vw jetta, a great car but when you have a small child which in turn requires a stroller once you put that thing in the trunk there is no room for anything else. the only thing that is hard for me to get used to is spending more money on gas, i'm used to $20 per week not $60 therefore its gonna require me to update my budget. other than the low gas mileage the only thing i have to say is I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!!!!!!

my truck
By julian on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

it is the best truck i've owned.the power is unbeliveable,i drive the one with the 4.7 liter V-8.i tow my 7x14 trailer with no problem and also my two kids and wife aslo can enjoy the (TRUCK) as we call it do to it's comfort all i have left to say is i love my truck!

!st big trip
By skimox@yahoo.com on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

1st off I have the 4.7 5/auto- Just finished a 2950 mile trip towing a 4000lb travel trailer.No problems what so ever with the Dakota.Gas milage @ 11mpg and didn't burn 1 drop of oil. What else can I say other that I'm pleased with it.Solo mix is 18mpg.

good to buy American
By Gene Hernandez on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

My truck is actually a 1998. Since I have the truck for a while I thought my review can give those interested a long term view of this vehicle. It is very reliable, very quiet, has good power total average mpg is 17.0. The 4x4 is great for camping and fishing trips. Wish it had a 3rd door in 1998 besides that I love this truck. Almost bought a toyota but I am glad I bought Dodge, would do it again in a heart beat.

Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 with 4.7 V8
By mtnbkr on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Has the perfect combination of size, style, and comfort. I actually have the 4.7L V8 with 5-speed automatic transmission which I highly recommend. Average fuel economy, pretty much as expected for a mid sized pickup.

Dodge Dakota's are Number One!
By Mary Sh on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

wouldn't bye anything elce

im very happy so far
By mrktwatchr on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

quad cab, 4.7 ,5 speed auto ,limited slip diff ,towing package ,16 tires and 11 inch rotors front and back, anti lock breaks,lower gear ratio,e upgrade stero w 6CD player,

Dodge Dakota
By Mike T. on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

First pickup I've owned and very satisfied, has great pickup for getting on interstates and gas mileage isn't bad, can compare to Chevy S-10 Blazer I had traded in. It has the 4.7 230 hp engine, has the short bed but really didn't need more than that for my needs. GREAT TRUCK !!

2003 sxt 4wd
By goodyear 1 on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Love the truck wish it had a few more options. Best buy for the money.

Should have bought a Tacoma
By manly on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I was so close to getting a Tacoma and now I wish I had. Gas guzzling and noisy truck with bad fit.