2003 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
4.7 ltr Dak Sport
By ARpapa on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Plenty power for hwy or Ozark hill/mtns pulling bass boat. Rides like a car on the highway, handles dirt/gravel like a truck.

Can't wait to trade
By dellorto on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it as a 2001 in late 2000. 4 months later, 3 trips to dlr to correct bad suspension bushings. Gas economy horrible. Brake discs failed 2X in first 12K miles.Transfer case failed in woods at inopportune time,1000 to repair @49K miles. Rear end now clunks and noticable vibration at highway since repair, dealer says it's ok. Still has loud graunch over modest bumps, now has loud rattles in suspension over small bumps. Can't wait to get rid of it.

good bang for the buck
By The Dinger on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I would encourage anyone thinking of buying what amounts to a midsize entry to the compact class pick up truck. It's chief competor is the Toyota Tacoma; 'nough said. The choice was pretty easy for me too. With a 3.9L V6 engine, responsive handling, and a high-up snug feeling suspension, you'll find this truck a pleasure to drive, on road or off. My only complaint is that there is not enough room to rest my arm on the seatbacks, old school country style. My uncle used to say, "comparisons are odious." And I never knew quite what he meant by that. But if it comes down to a Toyota Tacoma or a Dodge Dakota...well, go out and buy one.

Love It
By shellfish on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I Love My Dakota. Never Any Problems. No Snow Was Too Much For The Truck To Handle. Roomy And Comfortable. And Affordable

What a dog!!
By stuart brown on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I rectently purchased a 6 cylinder quad cab. Do not ever buy that engine. It has no power when going into a 20 mph wind on the interstate. I heard a big sucking sound. It was my gas leaving my tank. I would never again buy this vehicle.

Full size truck, compact price
By sandman4x4fun on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

This truck can work, ive pulled trailers hundreds of miles, whit 4,00 to 5,000 lbs. no problem. Plenty of power fo a 6 cyl 5speed 4x4. Gas milage respectable.When playing, driving on the beach mud hikks anything it just flat out goes, and ride great also.

never buy again
By bad dodge on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Regular Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

i bought the truck with the oem trailer group and severe service group. for what the truck is rated to tow it does not live up the its standards by any means. the fact that my fender flares are falling off as well does not help. the truck has only 8990 miles on it. second why is it that my trucks value is falling faster then i can pay it off? i bought every option on it but when it comes to trade it in none that seems to matter. = by the way it is a automatic

Excellent
By Deucebmac on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent off-road and on! Would buy another in a heartbeat!

my red dodge
By bobbiejorussell on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

i own a 2003 dodge dakota quad cab sport with a magnum v8 engine, i found it necessary to purchase this vehicle because it offers the convience of a car and the capability of a truck. I currently owned a vw jetta, a great car but when you have a small child which in turn requires a stroller once you put that thing in the trunk there is no room for anything else. the only thing that is hard for me to get used to is spending more money on gas, i'm used to $20 per week not $60 therefore its gonna require me to update my budget. other than the low gas mileage the only thing i have to say is I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!!!!!!

bad choice
By msr212 on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota 2dr Club Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I Had the truck less then a week, 500 miles and I had to bring it back to the dealership due to lack of power and after being told there was nothing wrong they had to tear the engine apart and redo the valves along with change item's in the trani. now at 20,000 miles my a/c switch has broken and only works on high and the a/c is leaking in the truck!