2003 Dodge Dakota Consumer Review: 2003 awd 4x4 slt, 4.7 V8 quad

2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - Consumer Review

2003 awd 4x4 slt, 4.7 V8 quad cab
By slufscb on

2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

This is my Second Dakota. It is a good all around truck. I have over 200,000 miles on mine. I noticed my gas mileage has gone down since i have had the ball joints replaced. I get 14 mpg in the city and about 19 mpg on the hwy. Outside of normal wear of parts this truck has served me well. For an AWD truck it handles good in snow, rain and mud. I have only had to put into 4 wheel drive when I get stuck in mud. The size of the truck works well for our family, we are all 5'8" or less and the truck seems roomy to us.

My favorite feature is the AWD since my wife drives it to work in the winter time. I can feel safe that the truck will always get her to work and back no matter how bad the weather is.

I would like to improve the ground clearance 2 inches more. This would put the ground clearance a little less than 12" off the ground. I live in a rural area with mountins and off roading you have to really watch out for the big rocks. I would also like a 6 foot bed instead of the 5'4" bed.