2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT+ 2WD 3.9L
By stevew on
2003 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)
The Dodge Dakota has been a great truck for me. I originally had a '90 Dakota that was still running great at 230,000 miles. Then I joined the Marine Corps and bought the '03 Quad Cab. The only problem I've had with it was a crack in a rubber hose for the fuel EVAP emissions system - a simple inexpensive repair. After sitting in a parking lot for 7 months while I was in Iraq (twice), it ran perfectly for me when I returned (as well as after 2 one month trips to AZ.) It gets me 18 MPG (mixed) and has reached 20MPG (hwy) several times. Bottom line - I love it! I see myself driving this 1 for years to come and probably nothing but Dakotas for the rest of my life.
Favorite Features
4 doors. Comfort. Lots of legroom and storage space. Very decent fuel efficiency. The body style. Reliability. Never had to make a warranty claim even after it sat for months on end. Clear instrument panel. Handles great. Size between full and small. Rear passenger windows fully retract.
Suggested Improvements
Wish they had offered the 3.7L V6 a year earlier. Would love to drive and feel this truck with that engine. Wish the rear sliding window was powered - I can't reach it from the driver's seat (Quad Cab).