2003 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Good Truck!
By chrispyrook on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with this vehicle and I would highly recommend buying one. The only drawback is that it is only a two-seater which can work to your advantage and save you gas when traveling with more than one person! The interior has a lot of space for storing small items, although there is not much room behind the seat to store anything or add an after-market woofer or amp. Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase!

Unbelievable
By Looking63146 on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

After 3 long years driving a boring 1997 Ford Thunderbird I am finally enjoying driving again. This truck goes exactly where you piont it.

good bang for the buck
By The Dinger on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I would encourage anyone thinking of buying what amounts to a midsize entry to the compact class pick up truck. It's chief competor is the Toyota Tacoma; 'nough said. The choice was pretty easy for me too. With a 3.9L V6 engine, responsive handling, and a high-up snug feeling suspension, you'll find this truck a pleasure to drive, on road or off. My only complaint is that there is not enough room to rest my arm on the seatbacks, old school country style. My uncle used to say, "comparisons are odious." And I never knew quite what he meant by that. But if it comes down to a Toyota Tacoma or a Dodge Dakota...well, go out and buy one.

Full size truck, compact price
By sandman4x4fun on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

This truck can work, ive pulled trailers hundreds of miles, whit 4,00 to 5,000 lbs. no problem. Plenty of power fo a 6 cyl 5speed 4x4. Gas milage respectable.When playing, driving on the beach mud hikks anything it just flat out goes, and ride great also.

never buy again
By bad dodge on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

i bought the truck with the oem trailer group and severe service group. for what the truck is rated to tow it does not live up the its standards by any means. the fact that my fender flares are falling off as well does not help. the truck has only 8990 miles on it. second why is it that my trucks value is falling faster then i can pay it off? i bought every option on it but when it comes to trade it in none that seems to matter. = by the way it is a automatic

Dodge Dakota's are Number One!
By Mary Sh on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

wouldn't bye anything elce

like my truck
By dorothy koprowski on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I needed a truck to haul stuff without asking to loan one in the family all the time. I traded in my beloved new yorker but I love the dakota. Its a good truck for a woman

4X4 SXT 3.9L 4spd auto
By brupac on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Would never of thought of buying a Dodge before but this truck really impressed me. Great looks,quality feel inside and out plus plenty of power from the 3.9L not to mention a $3000.00 rebate how can you go wrong.

no power and bad gas milage
By eric doukas on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

not very happy with this truck wish i never bought it