2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
03' 4x4 V8 Extended Cab
By x98evens on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Very fast for a truck this size, great size/price combination for a truck. Enjoyable to drive the 5 speed w/ limited slip rear end. Hard to find a good service shop for the tougher jobs (required frequent axle flushes), but you can't blaim that on the truck.

Did my homework...
By summerst on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I went for the 4.7l V8, with the 5 speed automatic upgrade. I have logged a lot of miles in a lot of different vehicles and this is one of the most responsive power trains I've ever driven. This truck was broken in demandingly on and off road and has handled both effortlessly. When I decided I was in the market for a truck I did my homework and came up with the Dakota as the best of all aspects I needed and wanted. Better yet the critics supported my findings. I've changed my motor oil over to a leading synthetic and expect this truck to last a long time.

Love It
By shellfish on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I Love My Dakota. Never Any Problems. No Snow Was Too Much For The Truck To Handle. Roomy And Comfortable. And Affordable

Excellent
By Deucebmac on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent off-road and on! Would buy another in a heartbeat!

bad choice
By msr212 on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I Had the truck less then a week, 500 miles and I had to bring it back to the dealership due to lack of power and after being told there was nothing wrong they had to tear the engine apart and redo the valves along with change item's in the trani. now at 20,000 miles my a/c switch has broken and only works on high and the a/c is leaking in the truck!

good to buy American
By Gene Hernandez on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

My truck is actually a 1998. Since I have the truck for a while I thought my review can give those interested a long term view of this vehicle. It is very reliable, very quiet, has good power total average mpg is 17.0. The 4x4 is great for camping and fishing trips. Wish it had a 3rd door in 1998 besides that I love this truck. Almost bought a toyota but I am glad I bought Dodge, would do it again in a heart beat.

2003 sxt 4wd
By goodyear 1 on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Love the truck wish it had a few more options. Best buy for the money.

Great Truck
By uncle buck on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

This is a fun truck to drive. It gives you a sense of power driving around town. The styling is distinctive, the patriot blue color is different and the handling off and on highways is superb. It is without a doubt the best truck that I've ever had, including full size trucks. The reliability gives not doubt that this truck will last me a very long time without any problems.

First time truck owner
By Kelly Jones on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

This truck handles really well. The ride initially is not great, you feel all of the bumps and grooves in the roadway. Over time, this seems to have smoothed out a bit. Interior is very comfortable and roomy in my model (bucket seats, club cab). Gas mileage is around 17-18 city, 19-21 hwy.

Questionable
By Dogman on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab 2dr Club Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2003 Sport plus 4.7 litre 5speed automatic. I only get 12 miles per gallon. And if this holds up wonder if I should have spent the extra couple thousand for the 1500. The truck for someone who wants almost full size capabilities with ease of parking.