2003 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Good all around truck
By avyator on 04/13/09 08:14 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the truck new and have had a blast with it. It has the Stampede package which caught my eye on the dealer parking lot. Bought it for fuel economy over my 79 Warlock and it has delivered promised fuel economy, 18 mpg for the daily 7 mile commute and 22 mpg on my annual trip to FL. The Stampede package really enhances the handling and styling. I tow two motorcycles regularly from state to state and the drive train is solid. Have 61,000 miles and have only had to do routine maintenance. Battery did quit suddenly at 5 years but that's about what you get from factory batteries. Wish I had gotten the extended cab but the styling didn't go with the Stampede package. Love this truck!!!

Gas hog
By Tim on 08/10/08 15:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Dakota 4x4 standard cab 2 years ago. Boy what a mistake. This thing sucks gas so fast you can watch the gauge move about 13 mpg in the city. I had a 1990 Dakota and it was a fine truck so had no problems buying this one until I got it home. I am 6,3" tall and have no room to move in it, it's pretty but not a good deal. So far the battery, water pump muffler and tires have all taken leave, also the center caps that come with the wheels will not stay on had to get the chrome ones that Dodge has replaced them with. I drive this truck back and forth to work (22 miles a day) thats all I can afford at $4.00 a gallon and go through $40-50 a week. Poor in snow.

I love this little son of a gun
By sharkraider552 on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

love this truck. drives like a dream, mine has the stampede package and i love it, can't say how meany comments people has said they loved the way the truck looks the inside is right on center console is really big if uhad o could hide a body in there dodge stole this ford lover and turned him into a dodge guy for now on

good bang for the buck
By The Dinger on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I would encourage anyone thinking of buying what amounts to a midsize entry to the compact class pick up truck. It's chief competor is the Toyota Tacoma; 'nough said. The choice was pretty easy for me too. With a 3.9L V6 engine, responsive handling, and a high-up snug feeling suspension, you'll find this truck a pleasure to drive, on road or off. My only complaint is that there is not enough room to rest my arm on the seatbacks, old school country style. My uncle used to say, "comparisons are odious." And I never knew quite what he meant by that. But if it comes down to a Toyota Tacoma or a Dodge Dakota...well, go out and buy one.

no power and bad gas milage
By eric doukas on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

not very happy with this truck wish i never bought it